Saturday, July 23, 2011

Winter holidays are the best holidays

Although I worked full time for almost the entirety of my holidays, I did manage to escape to Canberra with J for a few days, to visit his parents and family.

Before we went down, I got a new hair cut. Although I like to keep my hair short, and generally in a bob, I have never gone so concave before:
It is refreshing trying new things and changing your appearance - even with something little like a slightly different haircut!

As you may already know, Canberra is a lot colder than Sydney. Apparently though we chose the right time to go down, because we managed to escape most of the torrential downpour that Sydney has been subject to the past week. Even though it was only 5 degrees Celsius on one of the days that we went into Civic, the sun was nice and shining. I generally don't mind the cold too much.
I like wearing layers:

Although this isn't that great of a photo. I really should ask other people to take photos of me...
Anyway, in this photo I'm wearing:
  • Cotton ribbed tights
  • Grey OTK socks
  • Knee high Tony Bianco boots
  • Mink Pink leather shorts
  • Glassons skivvy
  • Jumper from Sportsgirl. 
Nice and toasty!
I also love winter because:


You can snuggle up to kitty cats. 
This is Tosca. She's really old, but so friendly and lovely. I cuddle her so much, but I'm a bit allergic so I need to bring anti-histamines whenever we go down. 

Hot chocolates!
Would you believe this is the first hot chocolate I've had with a marshmallow in it!
Generally I don't like marshmallows, but I've decided they're okay in hot choccy!

Bed socks!

And good food!
(Pop Tarts don't REALLY count as "good" food...but they're nice for a treat!)

We mainly went down because it was J's mum's birthday on Wednesday!
Happy Birthday!
The whole family had gotten together, and we all helped cook a nice dinner for her for when she got home. J's sister, Tessa had done most of the cooking, and the food was absolutely delicious. But I was too excited on the day (or any day we were there - we ate lots of good food!) and I didn't photograph it. Boo!
So you can enjoy photos of my mediocre cooking instead:

This is my tomato, spinach, bacon and bocconcini bake! Right before it went in the oven. 
And served up all delicious:

The recipe called for some white wine. I'm not the greatest wine connoisseur, so had no idea what I was doing in the bottle shop. In my infinite wisdom I picked up this chardonnay because it had a picture of a cow on it:
 
Good choice.

And finally, I've had this photo sitting on my desktop for ages: 
I took it whilst drunk at our end of exams party at Unibar. I remember my friends paying me out whilst I was taking it. But I think it's pretty cool.
Ha!

Unfortunately I go back to Uni on Monday! :(
LAME!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig