Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My MAC 15 Palette

 

MAC is one of those brands that I have dreamed of adding to my collection for years. Unfortunately, they are so expensive in Australia that I cannot justify paying for their products, when I know how much cheaper they are overseas.

I had a friend recently visit America, and she very kindly offered to buy me some stuff over there. 
Unfortunately, our dollar is so weak at the moment that there wasn't much cosmetic-wise that would be worth me buying. Except for MAC. MAC is so ridiculously over-priced here, that even with our rubbish dollar, there are significant savings when it's purchased overseas. 

So I did a lot of research, and ended up asking for a paint pot, two lipsticks, and a custom 15 palette. 


Paint pot in 'painterly' - this is the perfect eyeshadow base. It covers the veins that show through on my eyelids and is really creamy, so eyeshadow sticks to it nicely.

 

So many pretty colours! 

Top row: Blanc type - shroom - honey lust - all that glitters - quarry
Middle row: sable - mythology - cranberry - woodwinked - satin taupe
Bottom row: omega - wedge - espresso - ground brown - carbon

I actually picked a different colour to blanc type, but that was the one the salesperson gave my friend. It's a really pretty highlight colour. 

I've been using this palette pretty exclusively since I got it (about a month now) and I am really happy with the colours I picked. These colours are great for work - I love that there are so many colours that look amazing on their own, or I can blend a few together for a more full eyeshadow look. I really love Carbon on my lashline instead of eyeliner - it's just a bit softer, which is great for daytime.

Do you have any MAC eyeshadows? Which are your favourite colours?

  photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig