Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

I was nominated for the stylish blogger award by what is forever!!
I feel honoured!!

So basically, I'm meant to write 7 interesting facts about myself, and then nominate 15 other bloggers. But I won't be doing that end part. Because I don't really even read 15 blogs, and those that I do follow have already been nominated!!

1. I have this morbid fascination with people who kill others.
I think it's because I could never do that to another person, and I like learning about how people are the way they are.
My boyfriend is a little scared that one day I'll turn into a serial killer, although I maintain this is so not true, and is a crazy thought. But it helps to keep him on my side.

2. I go to a university so far away that I commute 3 hours a day (there and back), 3/4 times a week.
Why don't I just live on campus? Well, it's expensive. I have a job in Sydney that I like. My boyfriend also lives in Sydney and I'm not really willing to try the whole long-distance thing. So why don't I go to a uni closer to home? I love the relaxed, laid-back atmosphere of Wollongong. I hate how uptight and pretentious people at Sydney Uni can be, just because they're at Sydney Uni. I love the friends I've made at my uni, (and it was soo easy to make friends), and I love the teachers, I love my course.
I don't know if I'm willing to risk losing it just so I can go to a potentially more "prestigious" university, that I may end up hating anyway.
So for the meantime, I'll deal with crashing at friend's houses and sleeping on trains like a homeless person.

3. I'm totally digging ballerina buns at the moment.
I'm not sure if this is the result of all the Black Swan hype (excellent movie, by the way), but I'm loving this look. It's sleek and sophisticated and takes minimal effort.
But, I have really thin hair, and a bit of a complex about wearing my hair sleek off my face.
One day maybe I'll be game enough to post a photo and you can tell me whether it looks as bad as I think it does.

4. It's taken me over a week to write this post.
I haven't been able to think of anything interesting to write about myself. I'd write something down and be like ...well that's not really unknown and therefore not interesting for others to read. But then, some things that would be interesting I don't think I'm ready to disclose over the internet in such an anonymous fashion.

5. I'm very clumsy.
I don't think there's one day that goes by that I don't trip over / walk into something at least twice.
Usually I manage to come out unscathed, but sometimes I do get injured. I think it's because I have little feet considering how tall I am. Having a 'legitimate' reason sounds better than I just have no balance.

6. I hate confrontation.
I only recently discovered this about myself, because when I was younger I was quite feisty, and didn't mind the odd fight every now and again.
I'm not sure when or why this changed, but now I hate making people unhappy, and will avoid confrontation wherever possible. This isn't a good thing, because it means I'm usually miserable at the expense of making someone else who I don't even like happy.
So, I'm working on changing that, and getting better at expressing my feelings towards people.
It's not healthy to bottle things up.

7. I love magazines
You could almost say that I collect them. My regulars are: RUSSH, Shop til you drop, Frankie and Vogue Australia. Sometimes I'll splurge and buy International Vogue as well.

I did have a subscription to RUSSH for 2010, but it's now run out. I don't think I'll be renewing it.
The columnists who I used to love no longer write for them, and the price has gone up, but I think the quantity and quality of content has gone down, which is unfortunate.
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig