Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekends

Thursday was my first day back to work since my nan got really sick and passed away. My boss was so kind and understanding during what was a difficult, emotional period for me, and I am so grateful to work with such understanding people. On Friday night, my Dad took my brother, sister and I out to dinner. It was at the local RSL Club, but the food was just so amazing and the view at our tables was gorgeous!


I ordered the pesto penne chicken
 
It was absolutely delicious! And that picture really doesn't do it any justice. The serving sizes were so enourmous, I could only finish half of mine, and asked for the rest to take home for lunch the next day. 

Yesterday was the first Saturday I've worked since i was like ... 16. So it was a bit confusing to my body clock. I got to work a bit early thanks to no traffic being on the bus route like there usually is on a weekday. So to kill time (and feed my hungry stomach) I bought breakfast at one of the cafe's near work:
 

Cinnamon toast and a skim hazelnut latte!! Yum!!

Upon returning to work on Thursday, there were quite a few packages waiting for me to unwrap. I am so bad when it comes to online shopping, I really can't help myself. It doesn't help that it's so easy to find things so much cheaper in cyberspace than they are in stores. 
 
New logitech speakers. 
I've wanted decent speakers for so long, because try as my little lappy might, his speakers just aren't that amazing. I have had problems before with buying technology online (once I bought an ipod dock / alarm clock and the speaker quality was awful) but my mum had bought this at our old place a few years ago and my sister still uses them, so I already knew they were good.

 
More pop - tarts... they were $5 come on!! 
I like this flavour better than the choc chip one. They're a bit too sweet for breakfast though. I more have them as a snack later in the day.

Post-it note pack. Those are the pens that have the little tags come out of the top. These were so cheap I couldn't resist. And with uni right around the corner, why not?

And my most exciting purchase:
 
A proper electric frypan! I was so excited to cook with it. 
For my first meal I made pork chops in a dark plum sauce for J.

 
There was a lot of marinating and basting (Which I had to look up on wikipedia for instructions) involved.  But it was pretty nice (albeit a bit sweet) and turned out like this:
 
Again, picture doesn't do it much justice. But it did taste nice, and J liked it so that was good
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig