Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life's little pleasures

With the realization that I've become so entrenched in uni work that I've had no motivation for life, I've decided I should take a few minutes to reflect on the little things that make my days even a little bit better.
It's always healthy to take a moment and appreciate the small things in life.



Stack of magazines. I think it's so cathartic being able to just flick through a mag and read the articles, and look at the amazing photography. I spend so much money on magazines, I inflicted a magazine shopping ban on myself last month.


Tea! I loveee tea - Earl Grey is my fav, but I love herbal blends as well. This tea pot is amazing. It makes enough for 2-3 mugs worth and is excellent for both loose leaf and tea bagged. Tea / coffee is definitely a must in the cold weather! This is a pot of strawberry tea - amazing for when I am craving something sweet but can't handle the guilt of eating it.


Flanellete sheets! Put these on my bed the other day - which was a huge mistake. Although I'm now warm and cosy at night, it makes it almost impossible to get out of bed in the morning. Still, there's nothing more delightful than a warm snuggy bed in winter!


My new mittens!! They keep my hands all warm and snug on long cold train trips in the morning - and they've got kitten faces on them! Too cute!


Body Shop's Almond Oil - the cold makes my hands dry and somewhat scaly. Which feels gross. I put this on before I go to sleep and wake up with hands that are not reptilian!


A stack of books on my bedside table. Yes, I'm insane. I'm reading all of these at the moment - along with a few others on my new galaxy tab. Which is why it takes me so long to get through books. Although I'm a quick reader, I move between too many at once and I usually only get through 2-3 pages before I fall asleep at night. I would love the time to just sit and read books for pleasure though, and not because I have to (law textbooks, I'm looking at you!)


Ecoya Vanilla candle. LOVE this. It makes my house and my room smell so nommy, without being too overpowering - which is great for my hayfever / allergies. Also, it uses natural wax, not paraffin wax so it burns a lot nicer.

What are YOUR little pleasures?
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig