Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Picture Essay

At the moment, law school is fucking killing me. 

In the past two weeks, I've had 8 assignments. It is just ridiculous how much work I have. 
Which is why I have not blogged. But I am definitely not complaining - if anything I'm seeing it as an insight into how busy I will probably be when I'm in the profession. 

Trying to make positives out of shitty situations is the only way that I can keep sane. Otherwise, I end up so angry and sad and that is never conducive to getting work done. 

Because I'm clearly masochistic, I have signed up with my friend BP to do mooting. 
So on top of all my other subjects, I am revisiting first year contract law. 
It is fun though, and it is always good getting experience in actually applying the law to real(ish) problems. 
Although it would have probably been more fun to get a criminal question, I am still enjoying grappling with the problem. 
Also, it is a little scary how much I have forgotten in just over 12 months!!

Mandarin essay assignment. 
I was quite proud of this - I've never written so many characters or so many sentences. Generally I didn't do too badly either! My grammar needed some fixing at times, but that's okay because I get so confused with how simple Mandarin grammar is in comparison to English. 

 Being the amazing boyfriend that he is, J told me of a promotion they had at his work - buy 2 TV on DVD and get 1 free. Hello all of Boston Legal. 
This was a bad move on my part, because I can sort of convince myself that watching an ep before bed is "studying".
Yeah, right. 

 
Enormous mugs of tea help.
BP and C bought this for me for my birthday, along with a teapot set too. This mug is almost as big as my head. It is brilliant. It also has this really pretty floral pattern on the inside of one side of the mug.
Nice china is lovely.

 
Delicious-smelling candles are also amazing. This one from Dusk (left) makes my whole house smell like freshly baked cookies! Almost good enough to eat!!
I also finally bought tapered candles for my candelabra. I think the pink candles are really pretty.
J thinks my candelabra is tacky. =(
...But he is a boy. What would he know anyway?

Magazines to get me through long afternoon train rides. 

New stainless steel water bottle!
I have had it with being overcharged for water.
This is the solution to all my problems in life.
(mostly)

 A close work friend of mine got married on the weekend.
The ceremony was beautiful, and the reception was so much fun. It was a traditional Lebanese Maronite wedding - very full of culture.Lots of loud Lebanese music and dancing - such a blast!
And of course, the bride looked gorgeous!!!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig