Monday, April 9, 2012

My Week in Pictures #3

How are you all? I hope you had a fantastic Easter break!
On Wednesday night I unfortunately came down with strep throat. When I was in high school - and mostly throughout year 12 - I was afflicted with tonsillitis constantly.
Stress = poor immune system = very sick Michaela.

Luckily I wasn't affected by it as badly as I used to be, but the anti-biotics I'm on are really strong and completely wiped me out.
So I spent all Easter in bed. Fun, hey.

Anti-biotics are eviiiiiil
There was a lot of knitting going on (my scarf is so close to being finished - yay!)
and a lot of Gilmore Girls-watching. Don't judge me, that show is amazing. 


It also meant that I missed out on uni on Thursday. So I wrote apology emails to my lecturers and tutors...


I think I should get marks just for writing in (almost total) Chinese!!

Last Tuesday was my mum's birthday, but because we're all so busy during the week, we had a belated birthday celebration on the Friday night. 
I downed a heap of caffeine for energy, and set out to cook some amazing food for the family

Just cooking away in my apron. 

My little sister made up this really cute menus for everyone. 

This was the AMAZING, INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS (almost orgasmic) Main meal - sticky whiskey chicken. 

I got the recipe here, from Blithely Unaware.
I'm such a noob when it comes to cooking, but this was easy, so filling and had everyone asking how I suddenly got to be so amazing in the kitchen. 



Last night I enjoyed watching the lightning display from my warm snuggly bed, and listening to the hail falling on my roof. Noisy. 


Also - Instagram was released on Android!!
Having so much fun with this app!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig