Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Her Fashion Box: January



There was an interesting mix of products in the January HFB, with the theme being "Urban Aztec". This was a generous box, with a good mix of fashion and beauty; there were two fashion items and five beauty items within. 


Urban Rituelle Summer Scent Perfume Spray (RRP $14.95 / 20mL)
This was a full-sized item, and I received the scent 'frangipani'. I'm really not a fan of this scent. It's sickly sweet, so I'm not really a fan of it. It kind of transports me back to being a 13 year old, during my summer holiday break between year 6 and 7, and discovering the world of beauty through cheap cosmetics and body sprays. 

Le Tan Fast Tan in Bronze
This must have been the 'bonus' item for filling in the survey last month, as it's not listed in the magazine and I'm pretty certain we've received this before. Fake tanning is not really my thing, so I'll probably save this for a giveaway or something. 

Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil (RRP $39.95 / 100mL)
We received a 10mL sample size of this. This can be used in skin or hair, and contains Macadamia, Hazelnut, Borage, Sweet Almond, Camellia and St John's Wort Oils and Vitamin E. Apparently one bottle of these is sold every six seconds in the world, which is a pretty impressive statistic. I have really dry skin and hair, so I love oils. This has a really subtle, nutty scent which - although it kind of reminds me of old people - I actually really like. 


We received two HFB-branded beauty tools in this month's box, and I'm left unimpressed by both. 

HFB Body Brush (RRP $14.95)
I received one that had bristles falling out all over the place, which was a disappointment. Nevertheless, I gave it a go - this is a dry brush used for manual exfoliation of your body. My skin isn't overly sensitive, but this just irritated the crap out of it and left it stinging and red-raw. Maybe people with tougher skin would find this more useful, but the bristles were way too harsh for me. 

HFB Nail Block (RRP $8.95)
I love a good nail block, but honestly - this was not great. I don't know if I got a dud one, but every single side felt the same - even the 'file' side had no grit. I show J all the items in my box each month, and he was so confused by this, asking me if I was sure that this wasn't just the container and the nail file was inside. Bless his cotton socks.



Bones Necklace (RRP $34.99)
I really, really love this necklace. It's a beautiful silver, with intricate detailing and is designed to be worn high up on the neckline. It has a nice weight to it...I just really like this necklace. So much so that it almost makes up for the disappointing beauty items. 


Iris Ring (RRP $14.95)
I think this ring is really pretty. It's got similar intricate detailing to the necklace, although this has a slightly "cheaper" feel to it. It's an adjustable size which is great and I really love the blue colour. I think it would add a nice pop of colour to a monochrome outfit. 

Overall
I loved the jewellery pieces in January's box. Beauty items were hit and miss, but the Nuxe dry oil was definitely the winner -  I'm really looking forward to trialling it.



 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig