Friday, February 13, 2015

What's In My Rubbish Bin? #2


My last empties post was almost an entire year ago! I should probably make an effort to do this more regularly, because I would have just collecting rubbish, without realising how extensive the pile had become. I have 11 empties to share with you! 


Sally Hansen Strengthening Nail Polish Remover
Manicare Nail Polish Remover
I don't really understand how the Sally Hansen polish remover is strengthening when it contains quite a lot of acetone, but alas that is the claim that they make. I liked both of these - the Manicare one didn't have any acetone, but I personally prefer to use nail polish remover that does contain it, so SH wins this round. I have already purchased a new bottle of the SH. 

Loreal Gentle Eye Make-up Remover
This featured in my last empties post, where I proclaimed my love for it, so it's really not surprise that it has shown its face around here again. I did lament in my last post about the disappointment of the new packaging, so for now I'm going to steer clear of re-purchasing and try out what else is out there. 


Priceline Round Cotton Pads
I really didn't like these. I usually buy the Swisspers ones, but these were cheaper so into my basket they went. Unfortunately, they separated upon getting wet, and left cotton-y bits everywhere. Not a fan, won't repurchase. 

John Frieda Radiant Red Daily Conditioner
A friend at work gave me this when I dyed my hair red, as she had it sitting around at home and had no use for it. There was enough for three washes in there. I like how silky and shiny this leaves my hair, but I am dubious about the "colour magnifying" claims, as although the product is bright red, it contains no pigment. I will possibly purchase this and see how I feel about it after using a whole bottle. But only after I make it through whatever other conditioners I have in my shower. 

L'occitane Almond Shower Oil
I have written about this before, in this post. I love this product so much. It smells beautiful, moisturises my skin and is incredibly luxurious. I actually repurchased the "eco" refill bag of this, so I just poured it into the old bottle, and still have some left over to refill once that runs out! 


Rexona Clinical Protection
I feel like I sweat more than normal people. Which is where this handy anti-perspirant comes in. I was pretty impressed with this, it seemed to work. It definitely works better when you follow the instructions and apply it at night. This is a cream product that dispenses out of the top grill like worms when you twist the bottom. I think though that the pressure must build up inside and the product works its way out the top somehow, because sometimes I would open it and there would be lots of cream smooshed into the lid. 

Make-up Store Vitamin Day Primer
I love this primer, and have already purchased another bottle. This is so hydrating, makes my foundation stay on all day and I don't get that weird "separation" that happens with some other primers. When I re-stocked the sales assistant told me they were discontinuing this, which makes me so sad. If you have any recommendations for primer let me know! 

Dove Silky Nourishment Body Cream
I love how easily and quickly this moisturiser sinks into my skin, making my skin soft without leaving it greasy. The tub packaging isn't that ideal due to contamination, but it does make it easy to get out a big scoop, and to use up every last drop. I only really use this on my legs but I did love it. Will probably repurchase. 


Stila Smudge-stick Waterproof Eyeliner
This eyeliner came with my Stila 'In the Light' palette. It's creamy, soft and glides on the eyes without tugging. This eyeliner is really pigmented - the colour is brown, but could almost pass for being black. I had about a centimetre left of product on this, when I accidentally broke it. I would definitely repurchase this, and would love to try some of the other colours that Stila have on offer.

Maybelline Eye-Studio Gel Eyeliner
This one technically isn't an empty, as it had gone dry well before then, so I decided to throw it out. This gel eyeliner is my go-to for creating cat eyes. Gel liner is generally a lot easier to work with than liquid liner, and this one in particular is really black, and stays on the lid for hours. I have already repurchased.


 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig