Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Review: Revlon Ultra HD Lipsticks



 

It's no secret that I love Revlon's lipsticks, so I couldn't help but pick up some of their lippies from the 'Ultra HD Lipstick' range last time Priceline had their 40% off make-up sale. 
There's 20 shades in the collection, each named after a different flower. I decided on Rose, a natural pink, Azalea a bright cool pink, and Poinsettia, a red. 

These lipsticks are "revolutionary" because they are a wax-free, gel formula that leave your lips beautifully coated in colour without that "heavy" feeling you might get with other lipsticks. 
 
 

So first up; the packaging. these lipsticks are housed in a silver bottom with a clear, plastic cap. The 'bullet' part of the lipstick is cleanly cut in a slant. The most annoying part about the packaging is that the actual lipstick comes out just above the silver casing, which makes it way too easy to hit it when you're putting the plastic lid on. All three of my lipsticks have nicks taken out of them because of this.

 
Top row: nude lips, Rose. Bottom row:  Azalea, Poinsetta. 

I really like the colours of both Rose and Poinsetta, and think they're both quite work-appropriate. I'm still a bit uncertain about whether Azalea works with my skintone, but I think I like it. 

The texture of these is balmy, but not that moisturising. If you have dry lips, these will cling on to dry patches, so make sure you exfoliate and moisturise well before application. Each of the lipsticks I own are really pigmented, but they don't last that well and I find myself having to reapply often (after an hour, maybe two). You can forget about eating with these.


TL;DR? In a nutshell, these are nicely pigmented, although the colour doesn't last long and they are balmy, without actually being moisturising. 
These are honestly not worth the price that is being asked for them in AUD, and are a little bit of a letdown. Revlon have so many other amazing options for lips, that I would pass these up. 
4/10 do not recommend.

 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig