Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Double Denim

I found this old jacket at my dad's place. I think I owned it when I was like 10. It still fit me so I took it home with me. It was raining and cold yesterday so I thought I'd wear it.
I tried to pull off the double denim look, pairing it with my black jeans...


Maybe it worked? I'm not too sure. I'm still not even sure if I'm a fan of the double denim trend at all. Alexa Chung is in plenty of photos channeling the look, and I have to admit I love Ashley Olsen when she wears it:
That being said, I love anything the Olsen twins do...

Although I'm still unsure of whether I like it or not, I'm definitely not praising the trend's return. I think there's too much opportunity for it to go very wrong. (Hint: Obviously, don't wear the same colour on the bottom and top if you're going to try this at home. Or you'll look like you're straight out of the 80's.) There's too much opportunity for people who have no idea what they're doing to jump on the bandwagon and end up with the "denim suit", and as much as I believe people should dress how they feel, and have fun with what they wear, I'm also a huge believer in individuality, and this outfit is not exactly flattering on anyone. Like the return of the 80's fluro "statement" shirts, I don't want it to be the only outfit I see around my local shopping centre.
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig