Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Anti-War

Nothing stirs up some emotion in me like a passionate, anti-war song.
I think my love for punk and metal can be attributed to this - among other things.

Because I love making lists,
My favourite anti-war songs are (in no particular order):

  • I was Only Nineteen - Redgum;
  • Khe Sanh - Cold Chisel;
  • Happy Xmas (War is Over) - John Lennon and Yoko Ono;
  • Suicide is Painless - Johnny Mandel
  • And the Band Played Waltzing Matilda - Eric Bogle 
  • War - Edwin Starr (I was watching the Boston Legal ep concerning this song only a few nights ago!)
  • Disposable Heroes - Metallica
  • One - Metallica
  • Paschendale - Iron Maiden 
  • Russians - Sting
  • A Farewell to Arms - Machine Head
  • Clenching the Fists of Dissent - Machine Head
  • Franco Un-American - NOFX
  • Hand that Feeds - NIN
  • Most of Anti-Flag
  • System of a Down had some excellent anti-war songs
  • As did Bad Religion
  • War Pigs - Black Sabbath
  • Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen


And most recently, I've fallen in love with:

Hero of War - Rise Against


SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig