Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh! How I've Missed Thee!

I once read a post, written by another blogger about 'mistakes' that so many bloggers make, that stop them from being successful at what they do.
One of those 'mistakes' was apologising for not posting very often. Apparently this is something a 'good' blogger should never do.
The rationale behind this is that people probably wouldn't have noticed if you didn't bring it up. That, and sometimes it can be construed as a bit arrogant.. "look how busy I've been, in my awesome life"

But I didn't start a blog in the hopes of being "successful". Not in the capitalist sense of the word anyway. I did start this blog for a variety of reasons, one being that I love to write, and I needed a creative hobby.

And I don't really agree with the sentiment. I mean, if you're a "successful" blogger, you'd sort of hope that your followers would notice a lengthy absence. I definitely do with blogs that I love. And I think that after a long, unexpected absence one should probably explain that to their followers.

So, after that long, convoluted introduction, I'm apologising for the severe lack of posting since I've been on holidays. I'd love to say "oh look at me I've just been FLAT OUT". But, to be perfectly honest, I haven't.

I am enjoying the long days and the long nights. I have caught up, finally, on season 4 of Gossip Girl. I finally had a look at the Inbetweeners too. I have read 3 or 4 books purely for pleasure. I have played lots of Playstation. I have been enjoying my own company, which for me is kind of rare. I tend to try and avoid spending time with myself. In the past, spending extended periods of time isolated in my thoughts only lead to dark places. But this is nice for a change.

I have thoroughly enjoyed snuggling up to J without the pressure of uni hanging over me.


But it is hard to make these small, trivial pleasures seem even slightly interesting to an outside viewer. So I had withdrawn from writing at all. Which I did not enjoy, not at all.

Anyway,

This post was long, and not one I had planned to write at all.

I'm going to go make some tea now, and start editing some photos for some more posts.

I have missed you, blogging world.
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig