Monday, May 21, 2012

Belated Post: The Dictator Premiere Screening


So thanks to J's work, we got to see The Dictator at its premiere screening!

J was helping to manage the guest list, so for an hour or two before the film started, I sat in the Events Cinema cafe lounge thing and studied...



Am I a loser or what?
Funniest thing was, I was sitting there on my lonesome, and this really sweet guy came up to me and said  "Hey, sorry to bother you, I just walked past you to go to the bathroom, and I couldn't not come up and say hello, you looked so cute here studying by yourself".
hahaha, I told him J was just outside, and I was waiting for him and he said "Yeah, I thought you'd be with someone...but you never know right!?" Props to him for optimism and a "go get 'em" attitude.

Anyway, while we were waiting for the screening to start, who should show up but...


Yep. That's Sacha Baron Cohen in the middle there, with his "bodyguards" on either side.

Because J was working, we ended up getting seats right at the back of the cinema, and sadly, we didn't even get to sit together. We were pretty far away from the front, and because my phone has no zoom, each picture I got of SBC was pretty unidentifiable.

He gave a speech before the movie, whilst staying completely in character. Regardless of whether you like his work or not, not many actors can do that, and I think that in itself is commendable.

I really enjoyed the movie - I'm not going to do a review of it, but I did laugh, and I did like it. If you are easily offended though, then probably stay away from it. Although what I did love was that everyone is fair game in comedy.

Have you seen The Dictator yet?
Let me know what you thought of it in the comments below! I'm interested in knowing what others think of it!

J's security pass from the night. Branded with the flag from "the Republic of Wadiya"
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig