Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Product Review: Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

Yesterday I may have spent some more money at Priceline...
No doubt I will update on the other products in a later post....

Cailin had been asking me for a while about whether I'd read much about the Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Strips, and to be honest I'd never really looked into it. But there was a sale on yesterday, buy 2 get 1 free, so I thought I'd try them out. 

I bought Sticks and Stones (on the right) and Fingerlace Gloves (on the left). 

In a bid of procrastination, I tried out Sticks and Stones last night..

PROS
  • It looks fucking sick. 
  • It comes with a little nail file which is colour coded so the instructions can explain how to use it. There's a rough part (hot pink), a rough-but-smoother part (light pink), and a side that's for buffing before putting the strips on. (white). I love that the instructions were so easy to follow with this. 
  • One nail strip had enough for two nails. 
  • They're supposed to last like 2 weeks. Obviously I only put mine on last night, so no review as to life-span yet. Will update later! 
  • Because they take no time to dry, they're quicker to apply than nailpolish! 
  • Also - love that there's no need for a base or top coat!
  • I love that each nail gets a different pattern - it creates for an overall funkier, edgier look. 

CONS
  • Although it came with instructions, it was a bit tricky to put them on for the first time. After the first few nails though, it wasn't difficult at all. 
  • I have square nails so I had to peel off some bits around the edges to make it fit properly. This had to be done very carefully, as I was scared the whole thing would come off (which it didn't. Applying pressure to the strip helped it bind to my nail again)
  • The light pink side of the nail file was for trimming the excess off the nail when applying it. I couldn't get it to do that though, so carefully tore it. 
  • Although it's great the strips come in different sizes, the "thumb" sizes are just way too big, so I probably won't get to use them. This meant I ran out of strips for my pinky nail and my thumb nail (see above photo). I'm sure though that if I do it again properly and account for this, I will have enough. 
  • The price. It's a little hard to justify spending =/= $16 for them...If you were going to try them, I'd try looking online because now that I have looked, they're about $6 overseas. 
VERDICT

I LOVEEEE these!! They look awesome, and so far have help up well. 
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig