Tuesday, April 9, 2013

March Skincare


Skincare is one of those routines that is never really stagnant.
Here’s how I kept the skin on my face happy throughout March.

Make-Up Removal:


I’ve gone off using face wipes, tbh. I just feel like for the amount of effort I put in to scrubbing that bit of cloth across my face, they don’t remove that much make-up. So instead, I’ve been using Dermalogica’s Precleanse. I’ve talked a bit about this one here. Basically it’s an oil, you massage it into your face, then rinse off with warm water. Faster than a wipe, less damaging on your skin and it leaves your skin cleaner.
For eye make-up I use Loreal’s gentle eye make-up remover. I freaking love this stuff. One of my friends turned me onto it back in first year uni, and I’ve yet to find anything that measures up quite as much. Although that being said, I do love Bioderma’s H2O Micellar water for eye makeup removal too; it’s just difficult to access in my corner of the world.

Cleansing:

 

I do this step every night in the shower; I just feel the hot steam helps to open my pores up and allows for a deeper cleanse. I use Dermalogica’s Special Cleansing Gel (discussed here) with the Clarisonic. I’ve talked about both before, and done an in-depth review on the Clarisonic here.
The only criticism I have of the SCG is the packaging; I find it hard to control the amount that comes through the slit on the top of the bottle. Also, every night product gets stuck there and then by the next night it solidifies. I just feel there could be an easier, more economical way of dispensing product than this.

Toning



I’ve talked before about how I use Sukin’s Hydrating Mist Toner; basically just as a refreshing spritz to calm my skin after my hot shower. I’ve recently added T.N. Dickonson’s Witch Hazel toner into my routine, after a recommendation from Jess at Neko Aesthetic. I have definitely found since adding this in that my skin is clearer, with fewer breakouts.I also use the Witch Blemish Stick as a spot treatment on active breakouts.

Face Masks



I love a good face mask, and use a couple for different reasons. These were my favourites in March:

- Sukin’s Purifying Facial Masque; I did a full review of this product here. This is absolutely HG for me. It’s a red clay mask, used to clear out blackheads and blocked pores. I am yet to find a product that works as well as this one.
- Apivita face masks: I have tried out quite a few of the masks from this brand, and there is yet to be one I haven’t loved. For a super moisturising mask, I’ve been loving the Express Beauty with Cereals, and for refreshing my eyes, I’ve been loving the Express Beauty with Gingko Biloba.

Moisturiser



Rose hip oil is the only moisturiser I have used for about a year now; I apply it right before I head off to sleep and wake up in the morning with beautiful, dewey skin!


What are your skincare HG items? Do you use oils on your face?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig