Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My New Journal


So, recently I've gotten back into journalling. I try and record an entry every day, but sometimes I don't do much or I just plain old forget. 

I picked up this "a thought a day" journal in Dymocks the other week, and have been loving it so far. 


The premise is simple; write down one thought a day, for five years. I love that the small writing space means there's no pressure to write a lot...I can literally right a sentence if I feel like and I don't feel like I've "wasted" an entire page. I still use my "page a day" journal to write more detailed entries, but I'm loving this as a "snapshot" of my days. I also love that you keep this for five whole years. I can't wait to see what I'm writing years from now and how I change as a person. 


The book design is really simple. As you can see in the above images, each date gets its own page, with every year getting its own paragraph. Finish off the "20..." with whatever year, write down your thought, and turn the page. I also love the elastic band place holder. 



So far I've kept it up every day. Let's see how long that lasts.

Do you like journalling? Do you like reading back on things you've written in the past, or is that too cringe-worthy?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig