Thursday, August 7, 2014

Review: July Her Fashion Box


I'm really excited to share this post with you today because I loved, loved, loved the July HFB! I was happy with every single product, which is something that hasn't happened in a while. 


The two main fashion items in this box were the infinity scarf, and a watch. 
HFB values the infinity scarf at $34.99, and for once I can agree with that valuation. I got the red one (yay my favourite colour!), and it is so soft, warm and so nicely knitted that I would pay the RRP for it. It also helps that I've been wanting an infinity scarf for ages but haven't been able to really find one that I like. 


The watch we received in this month's box is valued at $29.99. I really love the design of it - the watch face hardware is rose gold, with black detailing. I think it looks kind of edgy while still being 'classic'. The wrist strap is a rubber material, which isn't my favourite but that keeps it at a low price point, and it isn't a feature I dislike enough to stop me liking the watch as a whole. I have worn this almost every day since I got it in my box (convenient also that my normal watch broke right before...I still need to get that fixed)

We received a sample card of the 'Kisses, Darling' card from French Navy - this normally comes in a pack of 10 for $49.95. The card is a thick card stock, with 'xoxo' printed in red. It's always good to have extra stationery lying around, and this is a cute design that can be used for almost anything. Check out the French Navy website here.


I can't wait to try out the Appelles Apothecary Rosemary Body Bar (valued at $5.95). It is supposed to be a low irritant bar that won't dry your skin out, and it smells really beautiful through the packaging. Appelles is an Aussie brand that uses Aussie ingredients and certified oils, which is awesome. You can check out their website here.

We got a couple of lip products this month: a coconut lip balm from CoconutRevolution, which is valued at $7.95. I got the cherry flavour, which is surprisingly nice. It smells a bit like raspberry lollies, rather than cherry - I'm just so glad it doesn't stink of that fake cherry flavour. You can check their site out here. We also received a lip crayon from Ulta3, valued at $4.95 - I received the colour 'pretty nude'. Nudes are a difficult colour to get right, and I would have much preferred to receive a red (which is still 'classic').

There was also a 14mL sample of Revitanail Nail Strengthener in our box. I've heard so many good things about this product, that I can't wait to see how it shapes up compared to the nail strengtheners I already use. A full size of 30mL is valued at $29.95, so this was a pretty generous sample size, which I love.

Overall - I really don't have a single negative thing to say about the July Her Fashion Box. It seems like they've really been listening to the complaints over the past few months and have picked up their game. AND this box arrived on time! Hurrah! I cannot wait to see what the August box has to offer - hopefully HFB can keep up the high standards.

You can subscribe to Her Fashion Box by visiting their website here.

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig