Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My Essie Nailpolish Collection Part 1

 
Ever since Essie was introduced at Priceline, my collection has slowly grown. 
I really like Essie nailpolishes; they last well on my nails, there is a beautiful colour range, and when on sale, they're pretty reasonably priced.

I own a mix of pastels/muted colours and brights - in this post, I'll talk you through those colours.

Ballet slippers:  this is apparently one of Essie's most famous shades, and was the first Essie polish I ever bought. I was so disappointed with this colour and it really put me off Essie for the longest time. The formula is thin and streaky, and it takes sooo many coats to build up any colour. I also think the colour is too pale for my skintone. 

Tea and Crumpets: this is a much nicer 'nude' colour, and is a bit of a frosted, golden-toned beige. I really like this colour for work. It's pretty sheer, and takes about 2-3 layers to become opaque. 

Chinchilly: I love this grey-slate colour. I think it's super flattering on almost every skintone and I get compliments every time I wear it. The formula isn't too runny, and two coats is all you need for the most perfect opaque-ness. This is also probably the perfect office colour. 

 Lilacism: Honestly, I am not really a fan of pastels. I think this is colour toes the line nicely between being pale and muted, but also being bright enough that it doesn't quite cross over to "baby purple". This is a thin formula, and takes about 3 thin coats to reach a nice colour on the nails.

Mint Candy Apple: This is another colour that always gets me compliments. J said it looks like the colour of a 60s bathroom. I say it's the perfect 'mint' colour. I love this shade. This colour only takes 2 thin coats to reach the desired opacity and colour on my nails, without being streaky.
 
(L-R: Ballet Slippers, Tea and Crumpets, Chinchilly, Lilacism, Mint Candy Apple)

What's your favourite Essie shade?
 
 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig