Friday, September 4, 2015

What's in my Rubbish Bin #4

 
Only a small empties post this time. Having these types of posts in the back of my mind definitely helps me with finishing products up, or (as you'll see in this post) parting with products that don't perform as well as they used to.


A few months ago we moved into a new place that has a bath-tub. Naturally, I rushed out to Lush and stocked up on bath products. The first I used is the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb. I was absolutely delighted to see this transform my bath water into bright pink. I've heard this is Lush's most popular bath bomb, and I can totally see why. It smells absolutely incredible, and the scent really lingers on your skin afterwards. My skin felt so hydrated and soft when I stepped out of the bath, and I was left generally feeling incredibly relaxed. It also didn't stain my bath, which I was a bit worried about.
Will probably repurchase.

I really liked the Australis Curve Ink Eyeliner - it was great for those mornings where I was too tired to properly apply eyeliner because this product was marketed to be as easy to use as possible. I loved how black the ink was. Sadly, this product is now discontinued so I will not be repurchasing.

I first read about the John Frieda Full Repair Flyaway Tamer on Hair Romance's blog. I still have about half the product left in the bottle, but the gel has dried out a fair bit, and doesn't perform like it used to. I really like this product for ... you guessed it.... taming flyaways. I have a lot of baby hairs around my face. These are fine if I'm going for a messier look, but when I want to look polished they really annoy me. That's where this product is really useful.
I will repurchase this.

 

I do have a much more in-depth review coming for the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, but to be brief; although this is touted as a dupe for Bioderma's micellar water, it doesn't come come close in my opinion. It has a funny smell, stings my eyes and isn't as effective. Will not repurchase. 

It took me so long to finish Lush's American Cream Hair Conditioner, because I could not make my mind up about it. After finishing the bottle, I think I've worked out that I don't like it. It really weighs my hair down, and after I step out of the shower my hair feels "fried" - which is a really weird adjective to choose, but is the most appropriate I can think of. Fried and frizzy. This is not moisturising in the slightest. I needed to use heaps, even when my hair was much shorter, which means it isn't that economical, and does work out to be quite expensive. It does smell nice (think vanilla milkshakes), and the scent lingers in your hair, which I did kind of like. Unfortunately, that's really the only positive I can think of. 

To end on a high, we've got Dr Lewinn's 4 Fusion Cleansing Oil. I adore this as a pre-cleanse to remove all my make-up, and the majority of my face make-up. I've spoken before about how much I really love this product, and just repurchased it during Priceline's recent skincare sale. 
I will say though, that my bottle did leak a lot of product (so much so that I needed to have paper towel underneath it so it wouldn't stain the bathroom cabinet) and the bottle ended up this weird shape when it was done - does this happen to anyone else?



 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig