Sunday, February 6, 2011

Heat Wave = Unnecessary Purchases

If you're not in Sydney - or even in Australia, you may not be aware of how fucked up our weather has been lately. 
Only a few weeks ago, Brisbane and Sth Queensland was completely flooded. Then Nth Queensland got hit by the largest cyclone ever - thank god the state was pretty well prepared and there weren't lots of deaths. It will take about 2-3 years to rebuild some of the communities though, which is devastating. 
Melbourne experienced flash floods the other night - as a result of the cyclone moving inland towards South Australia. 

And Sydney is in the middle of a record-breaking heatwave!
Yesterday, was the 6th official day that the temperature reached above 35 degrees, and yesterday reached 42 degrees celsius in the city. Which is just outrageous. There have been many hospitalisations because of the heat. I myself have found it almost impossible to breathe because humidity has also been really high. Yesterday the trains were down for trackwork so I had to catch a bus home from J's house, which took me an hour and a half. At least the bus had air-con. 
When I got to my suburb though, the heat was still relentless. I don't have air conditioning at my unit, so I decided to hang out by myself  at the local shopping centre. Which resulted in these unnecessary purchases:



 New books!

The cyanide and happiness one is a present for J. 
Hopefully he doesn't read this?

 Black maxi dress. This is my first one, and unfortunately this picture makes it look drab and boring. There is some detail around the top which is nice, and it definitely looks a lot nicer on. I'll have to do a post when I'm wearing it!

 New bag from Sportsgirl! I had this hanging up on my back door which is why it looks funny, but it's a lot bigger in real life. It fits books perfectly - perfect uni bag!!

 New Lee Jeans. I love these, and they were so cheap!

 More lee jeans. My other black jeans had holes in them because I wore them so frequently.
These were $50 down from $130. Bargain!!!!

They're super skinny, they even have the zipper in the in-step.
I'm dyiiiiiiiiing for winter so I can wear them!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig