Saturday, February 12, 2011

Summer Lovin'

Yesterday, my cousin and I hung out around the city. We briefly looked in a few shops in Pitt Street mall and then went to the National Museum, to check out the animal photography exhibition and the dinosaurs (we are such children!) That night, my dad took my siblings and J and I out to dinner at Japanese Teppenyaki in Beverly Hills for my little brother's 14th birthday. 
It's so hard to believe he's growing up so fast! I still imagine him as a little 8 year old!

So, we went hunting in One Teaspoon for these shorts that my cousin wanted, where I saw from a distance these AMAZINGLY WICKED pants hanging up on their sales rack. I grabbed a pair and tried them on and they fit me absolutely perfectly!

The pattern a bit closer up:

When I showed them to J his response was "skulls? Really? You're not 14 anymore hun". But I think that it makes them cooler because I'm NOT 14. Anyway, they are amazing and were $100 off and I love them!
It was so fun shopping in the One Teaspoon store. The bag that they gave me my pants in was really cute and trendy:


AND! They put my receipt in this ADORABLE little envelope:

 

I'm such a sucker for cute things like that. 

We ran into some channel 7 newsreaders at Martin Place, and so naturally, got a photo with them:
That's me wearing my new black maxi dress! 
It's so comfortable and fits so well. But it also looks glamorous and is fantastic for easy style. 
J thought I had gotten all dressed up! "What, this old thing?"

Here are some shots from the museum:
Posing with the dinosaurs
Baby dinosaurs hatching (obviously not real)
And here are some photos from dinner:


If you've never been to Teppenyaki before, I cannot recommend it enough. It is such an experience. Your chef cooks your food in front of you, but does tricks with the food and the cutlery. It's interactive too. In the above picture, he was lining the eggs up ready to flick them at us so we could catch them in little bowls:


There's egg in my shirt!
There's this one part where he fries the egg, and cuts it into little pieces and flings it at you really fast! And you have to catch it in the bowls. Only my brother and I tried this. Safe to say I was better than him, although I was still pulling egg out of my shirt a few hours later!

Drawn with salt!
Just some happy snaps:

J and I
Dad and I. 
Little sister and little brother. 
Desserts:
J's pancakes with strawberries and ice-cream

My tempura ice-cream

J eating my ice cream
This photo is so funny.
J was showing my brother and sister how he could remove the metal stretchers (8mm) from his earlobes. They were disgusted at his earlobe looking all hole-y hah!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig