Friday, February 25, 2011

Gratuitous Spending

I'm so excited to be starting university again on Monday! I've been trying to get through the set readings for my Property Law class, and it is absolute killer! I've completely forgotten how to process big words in the 4 month holiday break! Hopefully it won't take me too long to get back into the swing of things. 

Usually I spend a bit more on stationery ... I usually go all-out. But, I only spent $8 on the folder and book. I have so much paper and crap at home, that I think I should try using what I have before I keep buying more. 
Plus, by not spending as much on things like stationery, I can spend more on pretty things like clothes. 
Here are some of my latest purchases:

 
This amazing red vintage dress. 

It has a high neckline, 
 
and is slightly sheer at the bottom,
I'm in love with it. 
I'm not actually too sure where I'd wear this ... maybe I could pull it off as an everyday dress. Especially in winter. 
It is a little bit big for me, but that's okay because I might wear a skivvy or something under it when it gets cooler. 

I also bought this great skirt:
 
which I'm actually in love with because it's so  flowy and the pleats are so perfect. The material isn't too hard to take care of. It's a little heavy, so again, perfect for the cooler months.

Today's purchases (along with school supplies) include:

This red and white dotted bodysuit from Myer. I love it - it'll look great worn under jeans, and a total steal at $20.

This vintage inspired summer dress. Complete steal at $20 - down half price. 
This is a little big because it was the smallest size they had in stock, but it still fits okay and it adds to the summery-ness of it. 

 I'm in love with this! Last year I searched EVERYWHERE for one just like it and couldn't get it anywhereeeee. So glad I finally got it.
That photo isn't very revealing, but I did get my hair cut short again. So I'll need a cute knit beret to keep my head warm now. yay!

And lastly (my poor bank account!), I bought these amazing shorts from Bardot:

 
 and the black singlet I'm wearing with it, and a white one (both from Kmart - $5!)

Anyway, it's all good because I won't be spending much for a while now that I'm back at uni.

I do have a few other online purchases that are yet to arrive in the mail ... totally excited to update you on those!

What I'm totally lusting over at the moment:

Cue Jacquard Dress $259.00

Cute kitty that J and I saw in the pet shop window. Oh my god I wanted to take him home so badly. 
One day I will be able to own a little kitty. 
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig