Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Looking Up

After such an awful past couple of days, I am glad to report that the worst of it seems to be over.

I was quite upset yesterday after everything that had happened, and all the stress and drama for everyone involved, and I called J up and asked him to please come over and look after me, which he did in a heartbeat. It's amazing, when you have someone who will drop everything and run over just to be with you.
I wasn't really in the mood for talking, so he suggested we go watch a movie.
As it was late, there weren't even that many movies showing, and we settled for the 9pm viewing of Faster, with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, and Billy Bob Thornton.
The casting alone should have been indicative of how awful this movie was going to be.
There was no saving points, it was just awful. I can't even critique it properly, it was basically a shitty version of Kill Bill. Characters were left undeveloped, some characters were randomly introduced for 5 minutes without proper explanation, and even the cinematography wasn't that great. 
I urge you, steer clear of this one. 

So I got home last night and had a letter on my bed from my roomie, and we had a chat, and it seems that for the moment, things are sorted out, or at least on their way to being sorted out.
Which is a huge relief.

Then J and I spent the next hour or two in bed, watching season 4 of Dexter while eating home-made nachos. yum.

I'm back to work today, and during some of the quiet moments, did have a quick browse at some of my regular blogs, and was ECSTATIC to learn that I'd won  a Whisk and Pin pancake mix pack inc syrup from Blithely Unaware!!

This is the greatest thing to happen in a while. I love whisk and pin, and I love pancakes, and I love winning things.
And, I NEVER win things, which is why this prize is so amazing! Yay!!

Thankyou so much again, to Blithely Unaware!

Today, my mood has finally risen back to the level of "normal"

Image courtesy of Google
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig