Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rainy Weekends and Reflections

Rainy weekends are the best.
The world looks so miserable outside my bedroom window, and so matches my mood perfectly.
I've been a bit melancholy the last few weeks, which although sounds good in poetry and literature, does not translate well in real life.

I'm disappointed with a few people in my life at the moment.
Friends who cancel plans, or just completely forget about them.
Flatmates who take no responsibility and can't follow through with the ONE thing that they're supposed to do.
My parents, for a variety of reasons.
Myself.


That being said though, it is at these sad, self-destructive moments that I notice who really is important to me. That although there are certain people who I feel like telling to just 'fuck off' if they're not serious when they say 'let's catch up for coffee/movie/whatever' , there are those who really shine through. They know who they are.

It's ironic, because it's when people are shit to me that I get the most introverted. I don't want to leave my bed, talk to anyone, return messages or facebook messages.
But a part of me knows that if I properly succumb to that then the feelings will just get worse. It's happened before. It's not nice to be like that.
I don't really know what to do or how to get out of this.

My boyfriend has been amazing throughout all this. I think I would be a complete and total mess without him to hold onto, to cry into, to cuddle at night.
Words can't even express how much I love him, or how thankful I am everyday that I have him.
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig