Wednesday, March 2, 2011

End of Summer!

Happy end of Summer!! I'm so glad that the cooler months have finally arrived! Yay for rugging up!

As well as marking cooler days, the beginning of March also marks Uni being back in session.
I've only been back for two days and am already exhausted at how busy it will be.
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am studying mandarin this year! It has been so fun so far. I feel like I'm in kindy and learning the alphabet for the first time.

This is only going to be a super quick post with lots of pictures because I have to get back to studying before
my class tomorrow morning!

On Sunday J and I went to Soundwave! It was sooo much fun. I promise I will do a proper review on this soon! Maybe on the weekend, if I have a bit of time.

I didn't get proper photos, or any great photos since they were all taken on my shitty phone camera. But here are a few:
Sum 41
DevilDriver

Murderdolls
Dimmu Borgir
Foxy Shazam

Foxy Shazam

Spelling mistake on the "Insanity" Ride


I had two packages at work for me today when I went in. One of them contained my lovely prize from Merowyn - when I won the pancake mix! (find her blog here!):


She had also written this cute little card to me!


It was so lovely getting to work to have this waiting on my desk for me. I can't believe she went out of her way to write me that card! -dies- I love blogland. 

I bought this 1TB external hard-drive online for super-cheap a few weeks ago, along with some cookbooks and they arrived today which was all very exciting:


 
I'm not actually a big seafood eater at all (I really wish I was sometimes, like tonight when I was watching My Kitchen Rules and Prawn Cocktails were on the menu...they looked so delicious!). The last book came free with the other two. The other two recipe books have some amazing food suggestions in there, along with some tips for freezing food and what to do with leftovers and what not. I'm such an awful cook, so hopefully this will help me expand my repertoire. I've already gone through and flagged quite a few recipes!

And some other exciting news:

I've been picked for JURY DUTY!! Which I know to most people is a massively tedious and boring task, but I am sooo excited.
Unfortunately, undertaking a law degree is extremely difficult, and I doubt I'll have the time. My summons sheet estimates the length of the trial to go for 5 weeks, which is far too long for me to miss out on uni. Most of my subjects have attendance as part of the assessment marks.
Tomorrow I will go to the law faculty and ask them how I get out of it (*sob*).

Moments like this I wish I worked full time so I COULD do it :(

SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig