Tuesday, July 31, 2012

21 before 21

Love these lists!
So, as you know, I turned 20 last week. Which means next year I'll be 21. Which is kind of a big deal (I say kind of because it's not really as big as turning 18). I saw Cate at All Cats are Grey at Night do her 30 before 30 list, and it really inspired me to do one myself!

I put a lot of thought into this list - I wanted to dream big, but also make my goals achievable. So here we go... here is my 21 before 21:

1. Go Overseas Again.
It's true that nothing expands your world more than travelling. I loved my experiences travelling to Bali earlier this year, and that combined with all my friends getting back from Europe this week makes me desperate to travel again! 


2. read 52 new books
This should be easy I think, as it equates to one book a week. Although during semester I slow down on my personal reading, I absolutely devour books during holidays, so I feel it should balance out.

3. Keep a list of each book I read
This is in line with the last point and something I've been meaning to do for years. I also plan to write down a few thoughts of the book - that way it'll be easier for me to recommend books to friends and family.

4. Finish reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in Chinese
Again with the book theme! This is pretty self-explanatory but I really would love to be able to read this iconic book in another language.

5. Have a Conversation in Only Chinese
We have started doing this in class of course, but I think it would be pretty amazing to have a conversation outside of the classroom using only Mandarin. What can I say - I dream big!

6. Learn to Knit Socks
So I've started knitting scarves this year - which is a fantastic hobby for when I'm watching tv. I fidget a lot so knitting is great at keeping my hands occupied which allows me to better focus on what I'm watching! I would like to expand my knitting repertoire to include socks!

7. Go on a Road Trip
When I was younger we road-tripped it up to QLD a few times. I'd love to do another road trip now that I'm older.

8. Solve a Rubik's Cube
This is a skill that has always eluded me. I think it would make a great party trick to be able to finish one!

9. Watch every movie that has won an Academy Award for Best Picture
Okay so unless you know me well, you probably have no idea what a challenge this will be for me. I very rarely watch movies and would almost always pick watching a TV show over a film. J works in the film industry and loves movies - so luckily with his help I should be able to complete this one.

10. Make a tower cake. 
Since moving in with J I have not cooked once. Impressive, non? When we get our oven fixed I am going to attempt to make a tower cake.

11. Do the Splits
Again, another skill that has eluded me for my entire life. Routine stretching is key with this one - but I think I can do it if I'm religious enough with it.

12. Get my Provisional Licence
Yep, still on my Learner's. Everyone has a great laugh at that one, at my expense. I'm sick of handing over my L's as ID and am desperate to learn to drive.

13. Get my next planned Tattoo
I think I've picked out the studio I want to go to in order to complete this one. Now it's just a matter of saving the money.

14. Perform at my pole studio's open night
I love pole. But for some reason performing kind of scares me. At the same time - it's something I dream of doing. So I'm going to suck it up and do it!

15. Take More Photos and Get Them Printed
I want to take more snaps of me and my friends. And I don't want them to just become files that sit on my computer forever. I want scrapbooks, or albums...either way I want tangible memories.

16. Get back into Volunteering
As a teenager I volunteered quite frequently. Since leaving high school though, it's pretty much taken a massive back-burner. I loved volunteering and it was such a huge part of me. I want to get back into that, and really make a difference in my community.

17. Do a First Aid Course
I have no idea how I'd react in an emergency. Once a guy on my bus had a heart attack. The only thing I could think of doing (someone else had already called 000) was giving him my jacket to rest his head on as he lay on the floor of the bus. I doubt doing a first aid course will be able to help me heal people who are having heart attacks, but I think first aid knowledge should be essential - and common knowledge - to everyone.

18. Complete a Daily Photographic Diary
I think it would be fun to look back at this in a years time.

19. Get a job that I like and enjoy
At the moment (apart from refereeing) I am jobless. Not by my wishes, either. I hope that by this time next year I'll be in a job that I like.

20. Donate Blood More Regularly
I already donate quite frequently, but I aim to be more regular about it. As in, every 3 months. Schedule it in, no excuses. It's such a small action on my behalf, but can save lives.

21. Climb a Mountain
Because, why not?

So that's my 21 before 21.

Have you done a list like this?
What would be in your list? Any tips on how I can complete my goals?
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig