Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Product Rave! Maybelline Colour Tattoo

I've had these for a few weeks now, and have used them enough to feel like I can do a proper review!

MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO


There are ten colours in total and I think they've just launched here in Australia too. I'm sure you've heard of them. There's been quite a few comparisons of these to the MAC Paint Pots. I don't own any MAC Paint Pots so I am not going to comment on that, but I LOVE THESE. They come in glass pots with a black lid.

I bought them a few weeks ago from an ebay seller, and got all 10 for about $80, which ended up cheaper than buying them individually. To be honest, I'm not too keen on bright shadow colours but you never know. Now that I have them I might use them. Although I don't know about the orange..I think I'm too pale for that.

ANYWAY.

Swatchhhh-time!

Colours (L-R)
Pomegranate Punk, Fierce & Tangy, Edgy Emerald, Tenacious Teal, Painted Purple, Too Cool, Audacious Asphalt, Tough as Taupe, Bold Gold, Bad to the Bronze. 

And with flash on:


That is literally one swipe of colour. I was SO impressed when I swatched the and realised just how pigmented they really are. 
The staying power is also incredible, after they dried, I smudged my finger across them and they didn't even budge! I've worn them all day without creasing, both as a base / primer and as an eyeshadow. 
I have not tested the "24 hour" claim though. I don't know anyone who would wear eyeshadow for that long, and I honestly can't imagine a situation where you would need to wear it for that long? But anyway, so far they've lasted entire days on my eyelids.

They do dry fairly quickly, so you have to work fast to blend them in, but they do blend quite easily. I didn't really have a problem with it, but I know some reviewers haven't liked that. Also, I started out using them with a flat eyeshadow brush, but then realised it was SOOOO much easier to use my fingertips (especially the ring finger). So I think these would be perfect for anyone who isn't really that into makeup and doesn't own heaps of brushes and shit. 



Seriously, I can't even pick a favourite colour because they're all so amazing. 
Except for the purple one, Painted Purple. It felt a bit crumbly and wasn't as smooth as the other 9. So I probably wouldn't buy that one on its own. 

As a whole, I think the colour collection is pretty amazing. It's not very often you get such bright cream eyeshadows for that price. As you can see from the picture above, you can easily divide the collection into brights and neutrals. 

Here are some more shots:


 So creamy!!


And some side-by-side comparisons of the Tough as Taupe and Audacious Ashphalt:

They're both grey-ish colours, but I personally prefer the Audacious Ashphalt (right) more. The Taupe is more matte, whereas the Ashphalt has a bit of shimmer to it! 


So that's that. I love these, I highly recommend them. 
I might do some "eye of the day" posts with them, I've been having SO MUCH FUN with these. 

Do you have any Colour Tattoos? What do you think?

SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig