Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fur-Baby!!


Let me introduce to you all my new fur-baby...ROMULUS!! 

I got him today as an early birthday present from my mum!

My birthday's on Tuesday (in case you were wanting to buy me presents  wondering).

Anyway, let me tell you the story of his arrival!
This morning mum picked me up bright and early at 7.45am to take me down to the soccer field. I was refereeing games in the late morning / early afternoon, while she was managing the canteen. After the first game, the other two were called off due to the field being too dangerous to play on. Mum had told me earlier in the day she was going to go get a kitty and did I want to come.

What kind of a stupid question is that? The answer to visiting cute kitties is always yes.
So off we went to the Cat Protection Society at Newtown. Mum filled out the paperwork, we disinfected our hands and then we were taken out the back to where the kittens were.

The very first kitties we see were these two:


Snug as a bug in a rug, am I right?

We were told they had arrived a few days ago, and were brother and sister and quite fond of eachother. Mum said "Oh you know, I would be interested in taking them both". So we took them out and had a play. The kitties were both pretty shy though, so I use the term 'play' loosely. 

After about half an hr of going through the relevant information (when to get them taken for booster immunisation shots etc) and filling out more forms, mum paid for the two kitties and their kitty starter packs. 

We were driving back to my place, and I was chatting to them in the backseat. We got to my place, and mum asked if I wanted to just go back to hers and watch them settle. I said no because they'd probably be nervous anyway. 
I got out of the car and we said goodbye. I asked if J could come down to look at them and mum said "You don't even need him to, because the black one is yours!"

Cue swearing, and many "ARE YOU KIDDING's", and a few too many tears of excitement. 
J comes downstairs because he hears me causing a ruckus and finds the whole thing very amusing. 

My two boys. 



So that is the tale of how I got my Romulus. He is such a little poser.
Mum called hers Cleopatra. We didn't really intend for the whole ancient Roman/Egyptian theme but it works. 
(ETA: Mum changed her kitten's name to Snookie)

Plus, I can now shorten Romulus into lots of cutesy nicknames. 
Like rommy, rom-rom, rom-rom-romagon, romsicles...you get the idea. 

He's spent most of the night exploring and hiding. He hid in one of our bookcases for a few hours. Which is pretty endearing. 

I think we'll become the bestest of buds. 



It's hard not to love a face like that!!

SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig