Thursday, May 2, 2013

April Favourites!


Here's a bunch of stuff I was loving last month! 

Perfume:
I've totally been digging the sweet, floral intensity of Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur. I'm not really a fan of celebrity fragrances...I find them way too sweet but I dunno, this one is nice. I'm not even going to try to describe the scent, just know that I like it. The bottle is kind of a weird shape; apparently it's based off a high heel? I can see that, but that doesn't change that I think it's ugly hideous. 


Skincare and Haircare
Once a week I've been using the Organic Honey Peel from Organi to exfoliate my skin. This one is an enzyme exfoliator, which is great because it deep cleans your skin without any scratching! The manuka honey in it also acts as an anti-bacterial agent, helping to combat breakouts. I've found this has really helped with my blackheads, and removing that layer of dead skin.

My hair has also been super soft this month, because I've started using (and loving!) the Deep Repair Masque from Macadamia Natural Oil. I started out using this as a deep conditioning mask when I washed my hair, once a week. After about three weeks, my hair was so noticeably softer that I've now switched to using it every second week.


Lips
I've been freaking obsessed with Revlon's Colourstay ultimate suede lipsticks. I've written up a whole review for them to go live tomorrow, so check that out because I just cannot express how much I love these in one paragraph. 

I'm not much of a gloss person, but I have really been loving the moisture I get from Arbonne's lip gloss. I did a review of that (with swatches) here. This one's been great to wear to work - it lasts for ages, and I can quickly re-apply without a mirror. 


Make-Up and Body

I got the Body Shop's Coconut Body Butter for Christmas off my friend Meg, and I've been loving rubbing it in to my skin after a hot shower. The coconut scent is helping the scents of Summer linger around as the temperature starts to decline. I think it's funny that I love the idea of Summer, but am not really a fan of the season. So products like this one are perfect for me! This body butter is really moisturising without being heavy. 

Not too many new loves in the way of make-up. I really like the finish that I get from Australis' Fresh and Flawless Pressed Powder. The texture of this is so smooth!! I use it to set my foundation, or on days that I want a lighter coverage, I just apply it by itself.  I also bring it with me to uni on really long days to touch-up my base make-up during the day. Cannot believe it's taken me this long to find out about this. 

My Blync lashes in Monroe Monday have been getting a lot of wear lately. I love the super length I get from these. They don't add too much in the way of volume, so it's good for daytime; amazing long lashes without the heaviness. 


I picked up this concealer from Revlon ages ago, and it is PERFECT. I cannot believe how amazing it is at covering my under-eye circles. I haven't been getting much sleep lately, so this is an absolute staple for me at the moment. I also love the sturdy, lipstick-y packaging. It's so durable, and I know it's going to be safe in my handbag during the day. It also makes it really easy to quickly touch-up during the day too. It's not that great at blemish-covering, but that's more a colour/tone issue.

Miscellaneous... 

The change in weather has had my sinuses in a mess. I picked up the Vick's Inhaler from Coles and use it to clear that stuffed-nose feeling. The first time I tried it though...woah. I was not a happy camper, it seriously felt like I'd just snorted menthol; not pleasant, but not as bad as that wizz fizz I snorted at 15 (cheap thrills). Once I learnt how hard to sniff it in though that problem went away. 

What were your favourites in April? What's the craziest thing you've snorted? 

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig