Friday, May 3, 2013

RAVE Review (and swatches): Revlon Colourstay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks


Revlon have done it again. First, there was the lip butters. Then there was the kissable balm stains. 
And now we have the ultimate suede lipsticks. 

The premise of these is essentially a nourishing lipstick with a matte finish. Revlon claims these will last 16 hours on your lips, even with eating and drinking and smooching. 

I bought two shades; 005 'Muse' and 050 'Couture'. Muse is a bright pink without being scarily bright. Couture is a redder colour, but not a deep red. I'll just let the swatches explain:

Left: Muse; Right: Couture
Without flash, natural light

Left: Muse; Right: Couture
With flash + natural light

Now why do I love these so much?
Firstly; the formula. 
Velvety deliciousness! This applies so easily, and once it's on its incredibly hydrating. It almost feels like I'm wearing a lipbalm. While we're on the topic of lipbalms; do not apply this on top of a lipbalm or the colour will slide right off. I found it works so much better on fresh lips. 

The colour is quite sheer, but very buildable. So if you're a little afraid of colour one swipe will welcome you into the world of lipsticks. If you're lip-colour crazy (like me!) then just go for it! 
I've worn this on days where I've been out of the house for 12+ hours, and it has held up On these days I'll only re-apply it two, maybe three, times. It lasts really well when drinking, and kinda well when eating. I found the colour on the inner part of my lips is gone after food, but the outside is still coloured in. So just be aware of that and make sure to touch-up after lunch. I don't think it's too bad, because it is just a quick touch-up. 

And...it's a matte finish!! So it's kind of like the effect you get from a stain, but without the incredibly dry lips afterwards! 

I cannot wait for my next pay to come through, because I want to go get some more colours!! 

Top: nude; middle: muse; bottom: couture. 

Have you dabbled in the matte lip trend? What do you think of these lipsticks?


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig