Saturday, September 14, 2013

NOTW: Mint Green with Gold Detailing


About a month and a half ago I picked up this new time planner from kikki K. I am so particular with my stationery, and especially my diaries. I thought long and hard before buying this one because it is refillable, so the point is to use it year after year. Would I get bored of the mint colour? So it's been less than two months, so I can't say with any certainty I won't get sick of it ever, but I love it more now than I did when I bought it. 

It's such a bright, happy colour. Seeing it peeping out of my black handbag and my uni packpack just makes me so happy. It's bright, it's cheerful, it's easy to find. I especially love the gold detailing on it. 

So this week when I was thinking of trying some new nail 'art', I decided to draw inspiration from the colours I love so much:


Sure, painting your nails to match your day planner is only slightly dorky... 


But I've had so many compliments while wearing it, that I don't really care. My best girlfriend laughed incredibly hard when I told her I did it to match my diary. She then called me a loser.
Only a little bit harsh, Meg.


The gold spots on each nail is a slightly different design. I love the index finger, and am thinking of trying my whole hand with that design. 

This is a super easy 'artwork'...I just used two contrasting colours and a large dotting tool. 


Colours used:
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in Mint Mojito 
- Revlon in Golden Charm

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin

Disclaimer: Whilst I paid for every product in this post, the time planner was bought at work, with my staff discount. I am receiving no remuneration or compensation for this post. In fact, I doubt my employers even know I write a blog. For further details, please check out my disclaimer
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig