Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Weekend in Pictures #38


I spent the past weekend in Mudgee, for a work friend's 21st birthday. Mudgee is a quaint little town, about a 4 hour drive North West from Sydney, in central Western NSW. L (whose birthday it was), grew up here, so took us all up to see her home town and celebrate her birthday. It was such a fantastic weekend; not only was it really nice to just get away from life for a couple of days and spend it with a couple of the work girls, but it was really cool getting to see where L grew up...I finally had an actual image in my head now of places and people she'd talked about. 

We headed down to the markets on Saturday, before returning back to L's to set up for the party. There was lots of cute items here, and lots of homemade food and wine. I also found this awesome vintage camera. Of course I had to buy it. Although the film is no longer made for it, I may be able to use a different sized film...so that will be a fun experiment! 

I picked up some seeds to bring home as a present for J


That night we celebrated L's 21st ... it was an absolutely gorgeous party; lanterns in the trees, fresh flowers and fruit punch adorned the tables, and fire pits to sit next to and be warm. 


Before heading home on Sunday we had lunch at High Valley; a vineyard and cheese factory. 


Where we sat and ate lunch was cute, and the food was amazing...I may have bought some tomato fetta to bring home with me. 

On the drive home we stopped at Capertee Valley and I snapped this photo of the world's widest canyon:

Such a cute weekend getaway; even though Mudgee is a small town there's plenty to explore. Even just looking at these photos is making me nostalgic, and I can't wait to go back again and explore more of it. 

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig