Wednesday, October 23, 2013

OOTD: Let's Get Political


Firstly…there is a slightly orange cast to all these photos. I wore this to uni on Monday, when it was ridiculously hot, and the sky was filled with a smokey haze from the bushfires that have engulfed NSW this past week. (That also explains the furrowed brow and general 'pissed off' look on my face...I swear the sun was in my eyes)
I was running late on Monday morning and didn’t put too much any thought into what I would wear. But, I got heaps of compliments so 5.30am Michaela is clearly doing something right.

 

The skirt is one I’ve had in my wardrobe since I was about 15. I have no idea where it’s from, because I ‘borrowed it’ (I swear at the time I had every intention of returning it) from a friend, who had borrowed it from another friend…who you guessed it… borrowed it from a friend. We will forever be tied together through this sisterhood of the travelling tartan skirt. This is probably one of my favourite pieces in my entire wardrobe.


I have been wearing a lot of the gold ID bracelet I got in last month’s Her Fashion Box, and again getting heaps of compliments on it. I love this bracelet…it’s easy, goes with a lot of the jewellery I already own and it looks good!
On the other wrist I stacked up my Thomas Sabo bracelets I got for my birthday. Simple, but it works.


This shirt is one of my favourites. J bought it for me at the Marrickville festival a few years ago. I thought it was apt given the current political climate and comments that have been made in regards to asylum seekers being called 'illegals'. Probably best not to get me started.
  

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest Bloglovin

SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig