Thursday, October 24, 2013

Review: Lush Volcano Foot Mask

Sometimes I feel a bit sorry for our feet. People hate them and are literally repulsed at the sight of them, and yet they do so much of the hard work for us... walking us around everywhere every day, treading on things, being shoved into smelly shoes, and sometimes...just sometimes they want a little loving too.


I picked up Lush's Volcano Foot Mask and have been using it once a week for a couple of months now.
The mask is quite a thick, pale-coloured clay gloop that you apply a thick layer of to your foot. Then you wrap your feet in plastic, leave for 10 minutes and rinse! Too easy.
I've been applying it before I shower, after I give my feet a little rinse, and then rinsing it off in the shower. If you plan on doing this too, I will warn that it does get pretty slippery with this stuff on your feet, with wet tiles and the like. So please, do be careful.

Like the clay you use on your face, the clay in this mask will help to draw out dirt, while anti-fungal essential oils keep your feet from getting gross. It's got papaya and lemon in it, to help with cleansing, tomatoes for deodorising (who knew!) and minty goodness.
My feet don't have any real health issues going on down there, but they get kinda calloused from wearing sandals and they do ache after standing on a hard floor for 9 hours (I hate you retail). Even so, I love the way this makes my feet feel.



The mask tingles when it's on your feet (which honestly I really like!), almost like a menthol heat rub for sore muscles. In fact, when I purchased it the sales assistant told me that sometimes he used it to rub into his calves after he'd been running long distances, to help soothe them. Interesting, but I'm not sure I can put something on my legs that has been on my feet.

Look, I'll be honest. It doesn't smell that great. If you can get past that though, you will love this. Especially if you are on your feet all day. It makes them feel great, it really does deodorise and refresh them, and there's a slight scrub when you wash it off (due to the pumice) so the dead skin comes with it.
The mask is made with fresh ingredients, so doesn't have a long shelf life. The good thing though is it is included in Lush's "Bring 5 clean pots back get a mask free" program, so that's nice!

Do you regularly apply foot masks?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig