Wednesday, July 16, 2014

June Her Fashion Box



Before sending these out, HFB gave us a little teaser, telling us that this was the 'hat trick' box. Cue my excitement. I freakin love hats, and think people just do not wear them enough in Sydney. They hide bad hair days, they keep your head warm, and they look cool.




I think there was a pretty good mix of items in the box this month.
Let's talk about the hat to begin with. HFB have priced this at $34.99, which I think it a bit of a joke. I do think it's really cute, and although a little big I love the way it sits on my head.

 

However, it's made of felt, and I don't know if this is the same for everyone, but it seems pretty poor quality and that the edges are unfinished? 

 

The entire way around the hat is sharp, and it looks like it was just three felt pieces glued together, giving it a really unfinished look that doesn't actually suit the hat at all. There is no way that I would pay that for a hat that doesn't even look like it's been properly made.

 

The other fashion item in the box was this skinny belt with metal detailing (RRP $24.99). I suck at styling with accessories such as belts, so I'm really looking forward to fitting this into my wardrobe (which is the whole reason I signed up to the box, hooray!)

 

On to the beauty items! I received a full sized tube of Bioelixia's body shaper strech mark diminishing creme (RRP $39). The box says this is "scientifically proven" on the front. The asterisk says that means they consumer tested it on 10 women. I'm skeptical, but I'll give it a try. 

We also received a sachet of the 'Montagne Jeunesse' Creamy coconut face mask, for tired skin (RRP $3.99). I think this brand was the first ever face mask I used, back when I was a kid and having 'facial night' with my cousin, but I haven't used it since. I'm keen to give this a go, I always love receiving a face mask!

 

We also received from shampoo and conditioner samples from Klorane. I've received and used these before when I was subscribed to other beauty boxes, and they were okay. I really, really hate the sachet samples. What is the point of giving people a 25mL shampoo with a 10mL conditioner, when most people use more conditioner than shampoo? Not to mention how hard it is to open sachets when your hands are wet. 

 

 The last item in the box is this little kabuki bush from Artiste (RRP $23.95). The bristles are really soft, but still quite firm. I'm definitely going to start trying this out with my face powder! 

Overall I'm pretty happy with the items I received. I feel a bit let down in the beauty department, and of course I'm disappointed with the edge of the hat. But mostly, I'm happy. HFB seem to have been listening to feedback, and giving us different items to try which I really appreciate. This box was so, so close to having no complaints! Maybe the July box will fare better?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig