Thursday, January 8, 2015

What I Got For Christmas 2014 (and Graduation)

I decided to combine this a little, and do one longer post on Christmas gifts and Graduation gifts, rather than two separate ones. I didn't get as many "tangible" gifts this year for Christmas - J and I decided not to really do gifts, because we need to save money for our trip to New Zealand in March. Dad also gave me some money to put aside for said trip. I still got some great, and really thoughftul gifts though!

So first up - graduation presents!


My graduation was at 7pm on a Wednesday night. This was really annoying because it meant after the ceremony, we drove home and went to bed, and didn't really have time to celebrate or anything. We arranged a dinner for the following night with some close family friends of ours though, and my besties' family very generously gave me this really cute photo frame, and a book titled "Swing High". I've already popped in one of my favourite photos from my graduation, and the frame now takes pride of place on my desk. "Swing High" is a book about life lessons that can be learned from childhood - it's really cute, and there's words of wisdom in there I think I'll take on forever.

Mum very generously paid for my make-up to be done at the Make Up Store - their services are redeemable for product, so I picked up a new highlighter and lipstick (as well as the lashes used on the day), and a beautiful, simple Mimco bracelet.


Mum then surprised me by also giving me this beautiful handmade, leather journal. It also has my initials on it...I'm just so obsessed with it, it's so beautiful




Christmas KK gifts! My Work KK got me a lavender and vanilla scented candle, a pack of mini OPI polishes, and a box of Lindor - these are my favourite chocolates ever. 



I was super spoiled by my Vogue KK, who gifted me this beautiful red Chanel lipstick. It's been worn a few times since I opened it - it is luxurious, balmy beautiful!


Although we said no presents this year, J and I still got each other small, thoughtful gifts. J got me a really cute cow print lunch bag - for that job I'll hopefully get soon. It's insulated, and has a longer strap for travel so it will be perfect for bringing my lunch. 


My sister got me an Instax mini, with a pack of "moo cow" film - really cute story about the film; it's actually called 'Dalmation', but obviously looks more cow print, she printed off a label "Moo Cow" and covered up the part where it says Dalmation. So cute! 


My little brother got me a See by Chloe perfume gift set. I actually love this scent because it's not super feminine, and I think that's because it has base  notes of vanilla and sandalwood. It's still very floral, with notes of bergamont, apple blossom, jasmine and ylang-ylang.

J's friend also got us these cool illustrated coasters - I made an off-hand comment when we had him over for dinner that I wanted coasters because our coffee table is wrecked, so I was really pleasantly surprised to unwrap these! So thoughtful!


New lip scrub flavour to add to my collection, courtesy of my bestie. She also got me this gorgeous cow-print pillow, below.



Pride of place on the lounge!

What did you get for Christmas this year? I love reading these posts so link yours below if you have one!


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig