Monday, July 27, 2015

My Week in Pictures #73

I am writing this from the comfort of my living room floor, in front of the heater.
I came down with a fairly nasty cold over the weekend, that left me with very little sleep last night, so I took my first sick day from work since being full-time to recuperate. Apart from a quick venture to go get some medicine, I have done a whole lot of nothing today, and I'm totally okay with that.


My scorpion is improving, slowly. I always feel so much bendier in these positions than I actually am - I was envisioning myself about to kick myself in the head. I've still got some ways to go before that I think. I'm still super stoked with my progress so far, and need to get back into regular stretching now that the craziness from moving house is over.

 

It was my birthday on Friday! This year was a lot more low-key than previous years. My boss gave me an early mark though, and let me go home at 4pm, which was really lovely! I got off the train to see a birthday rainbow appear in the sky!

 

I was given two of these Moon rose wooden wick candles from work for my birthday - cucumber melon, and vanilla flavours. I've never had a wooden wick candle before but I love the way they crackle, and they burn really evenly across the surface of the wax. This scent was perfect for the warmer weekend weather. 
 
 

To celebrate my birthday, J and I went indoor rock-climbing on Saturday. It's so funny how much our minds control our body; the first climb we did was a refresher on belaying, and the wall is seriously not that tall. But I came down and my hands were shaky, and I was actually very afraid. But then once we moved on to the courses, and I had to start thinking about the best path to take to get to the top, I had no problem climbing ridiculous heights. Climbing is lots of fun, and I wish I could do it more often. 

 

The rock climbing gym have recently added in "caving" sections, which is basically climbing through pitch black tunnels in the walls.
There were three levels of caves - we only made it to level 2 because we were under some time restraints but this was also surprisingly a lot of fun, and I want to head back and conquer cave level 3. 


 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig