Friday, July 12, 2013

Tutorial: Green Eyes


This is one of my favourite eye make-up looks, and I always get compliments when I wear it. 

 

These are the main colours I've used in this tutorial; 

INGLOT: matte 372 (top green) and 504 (bottom green)
URBAN DECAY: Sin and Naked, both from the Naked palette. 


To really intensify the colour, I've used Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Edgy Emerald as a primer. If you don't have this, you can just use a regular primer, or even one with a white base to make the colour pop. 


1. I apply the colour tattoo with an Ecotools concealer brush. I just really like the shape of this brush for slathering the colour across the eyelid. 
2. From the inner corner to about halfway across the eyelid, apply the matte green. 
3. Continue into the outer corner with the darker green. 
4. Smudge some more of the darker green into the crease, to create more definition and dimension. Make sure you blend in this colour well. You want to create somewhat of a gradient between the two colours. 
5. Blend out the edges with a fluffy brush. At this stage I've added a bit of Naked to the browbone and blended it in as well. 
6. My eyes are quite small, so rather than using an eyeliner on my waterline, I continue to blend Naked down to the outer corner of my bottom lash line. 
7. I add a bit of Sin to the inner corner, to brighten up my eyes
8. Finish off with some eyeliner on the top lashline and a coat of mascara. 


I've been using the Volume Glamour Max mascara from Bourjois...I love the thick bristles for adding heaps of volume to my lashes. 


Keep the rest of your face fairly neutral...I'll usually apply a tinted lip balm for a hint of colour. Really though, you want your eyes to be the focus of this look. 

Have you rocked green eyes before?

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig