Thursday, August 15, 2013

I hear it's all downhill from here...



Well, that's what everyone keeps telling me.
I turned 21 last month, which is exciting and crazy all at once. As I've always been the youngest in my friendship group, it feels like only yesterday I was pining to be 18, to not be left out anymore when my friends went out.

My parents threw me an amazing birthday party. Mum asked me what I wanted to be the theme, and I showed her the dress I wanted to wear and said "as long as I can wear this, I don't mind!" So the theme became black and silver, and my mum did an amazing job at decorating my dad's place.



Would you believe my brother is 5 years younger than me? Look at the way he towers over all of us!

My beautiful sister.
 

 
I have never cut a stacked cake before, and drunk me thought it would be a good idea to cut the corner...which just made it a bit trickier for my mum when serving. I am still amazed at how incredible the cake was...that shoe on top? Icing. There was even stitching detail on it, which is just amazing.
 
Dad and I.
 
 
Of course the only photo I managed to get with J from the whole night is a silly one.
 
 
The best part of the night is that everyone that was there, was there because I wanted them to be. I'm still so overwhelmed with how generous everyone was, and how much effort went into the speeches that were said.
 
I don't believe it's all downhill from here. No way.

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Hellocotton | Bloglovin



SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig