Tuesday, May 13, 2014

April Her Fashion Box


The lateness of March's box has got nothing on April! I've said before that it's not the lateness of the box that bothers me. I'm totally fine with things coming late, as long as I'm kept in the loop about why.
Unfortunately, it seems the HFB customer service standards are slipping.
When the November box was late there were a lot of emails, and generally just good communication from the customer service team. April was different. There was a sort-of sassy email sent out in the last few days of the month, promising that the boxes would be mailed out the following week, at the end of the month "which is still in April!!" 
So that date came and went, and the boxes weren't mailed out like promised and there was no further explanation. There was no reason given for why the boxes were so late, just that the team were working really hard to get them out. A week into May I tweeted if anyone had heard anything. Four days later (May 10) I got a response that the tracking information had finally been mailed out to me.
I understand things happen, and the team have been moving offices, but it's incredibly frustrating paying for a service and getting no explanation as to why you're not getting what you've paid for. Especially when there is definitely someone in charge of social media, and they're posting tweeting / instagramming / pinning heaps of motivational shiz. Not cool guys.


So I arrived home yesterday, the package was finally on my desk, and I was pretty disappointed with the contents.


Cedel Extra firm hairspray - Raspberry Punch (100g; RRP 4.99)
I'm actually pretty happy with this. Hairspray is one of those beauty items I love trying out and this is a pretty good size.

Manicare nail file ( RRP $1.95)
Not at all impressed in receiving this as a main item. I just really don't see the value.

Urban Rituelle Coconut & Honey Soap Bar (100g; RRP $4.95)
I really like the smell of this soap bar, and I love that it has vegetable oils, cocoa butter and Vitamin E. It also contains glycerin, which some people have found helpful for eczema so I am pretty keen to try this and see what it does for my skin.


MOR Essentials Hand cream sachets (80mL; RRP $14.95. I received 5 x 3mL samples)
MOR is a quality brand - I actually already use their hand soap in my bathroom and I love it. I'm not too fussed about sachet samples though.


(Earrings RRP $19.95)
I think these are actually really pretty (although they do feel quite cheap and maybe some people would think they're a bit tacky). Unfortunately, they're not listed as being hypoallergenic. As my ears are sensitive to metals, I sadly won't be getting any use out of these. Which is a  real shame, because it's the only 'fashion' item in the box that I actually like.


Socks (RRP: $24.95)

I have no idea what makes these socks worth $24.95, because there is no way I would hand over that amount of money for these. They're cute, but they're more Spring than Autumn. They feel like polyester and the edges of mine are completely frayed and the threads have come loose. I will probably wear them for warmth around the house, but I doubt they'll get any wear outside. 


Bracelet (RRP $19.95)
I actually think this bracelet is hideous. It looks and feels like cheap, tacky plastic, and seems like something I'd find at a $2 store. This is going straight in the bin. 


Overall, I'm incredibly disappointed with this box. Aside from the fact it was really late, with no explanation, I just do not see the value. The beauty items in the box did not even total $15. I also don't see how the fashion items are worth what HFB allege they are. I'm not impressed with two out of three of the fashion items, and the one item I do like I can't use anyway. 
I just feel incredibly let down. 

I wasn't that impressed with last month's box either. When I opened up April's box, and felt ripped off I seriously wanted to cancel my subscription there and then. But to be fair, I am giving HFB one more chance, with their May box. Watch this space. 

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig