Thursday, May 15, 2014

Face of the Day: Defined Creases and Ruby Lips


You know those days where you just have a good make-up day, and you're so proud of your efforts? That was me, last week. I was so happy with my face, and my eye make up, and it made me have a little swagger in my step. (ha). So, it's only fair that I share the products that helped me get to that feeling. 



For my base, I used Revlon Colourstay for normal / dry skin in 150 Buff. For the first time in ages, I pulled out my Stila all over shimmer in pink shimmer, and used it as a highlight on the tops of my cheekbones. This product is a little too sparkly to use for highlighting your entire face, but I think it works well on the cheekbones. I used the Make Up Store micronized compact powder in chocolate, to contour my cheeks. I've talked about that product before here. For blush, I used NYX powder blush in mocha. This colour is such a pretty pink - it adds just enough colour to look natural. I finished my face off with the Australis fresh and flawless pressed powder. I love this for blending out my contouring efforts. For a more thorough review, click through to here


On my lips I'm wearing the Revlon colourbust lacquer balm in Provocateur. No photos of the actual product because like a pro, I forgot I was wearing it. I will have a thorough review on this line going up next week though, so hang around for that. I filled in my brows with my Inglot eyebrow powder, (more info here) and went over them with some clear gel. I'm a total doofus and took these photos before I put on my eyeliner. But, for the record I went with Maybelline eyestudio gel liner. I also used Maybelline falsies flared mascara. I used a bit of concealer as an eyeshadow base, and went to town with my Lorac palette

(colours listed in order of appearance below. Just like movie stars.)

I used Cream as the browbone highlight and to blend out my crease, with a little bit of White in the inner corner. My eyes don't do too well with inner corner highlight, so I literally use the tiniest amount blended into my base colour. I used Espresso for the crease, blending heaps into the crease and outer corner. I then went back, and defined more of a 'cut-crease' line, and then went back over and blended the hell out of it again. I really like the way that this technique turned out! (NB; Not sure if this is a proper technique) For my base colour, I used Light Bronze, and applied it to the rest of my eyelid once I was done with the crease defining. 




So, about an hour before I had to leave for uni last week I was in an experimenting mood, and that's what I came up with. I'm pretty happy with how the whole make up look turned out, especially because if it was shit I wouldn't have had time to re-do it hahaha.

post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest |Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig