Monday, May 19, 2014

My Week in Pictures #51

What a week it's been! I can't believe we're nearing the end of May already! I have a performance for pole dancing coming up next Friday, so have spent a lot more time than usual hanging around upside down. Unfortunately I think I've done something to my left shoulder. My dad's just torn his rotator cuff (an injury my right shoulder is well acquainted with), and I'm wondering if I'm just going out in sympathy pain or if I should book myself in for the physio...

 

Before it got too sore I was practicing some hollowback handstands, when BAM I felt my butt hit the wall! What a feeling! I've been training for this for months...tilting my hips ever so slightly turns a normal handstand into a massive back and shoulder stretch

 

In other flexibility news, my chest also hit the ground in this pose as well! Feeling loosey goose this week! It's the small gains like this that remind me to keep patient with stretching, because miracles can happen.

 

In Rommy-cat news, he is being as adorable as ever. Now that it's a bit cooler at nights, he's taken to sleeping in clean baskets of washing. I can't even get mad because it's too cute. We bought a new entryway table from k-mart, and he diligently helped me to put it together.  Knocking about the screws with his paw. So helpful.
 
 

It's not often I get political on this blog (although it has been known to happen), but far out did this government make a mess of the budget. I wasn't surprised that it was harsh, but I was shocked at just how harsh it is. I absolutely loathe the liberal party, and struggle to understand how anyone can justify literally taking money from the poor people to give to the rich. What a disgrace. 

 
Accidentally found myself taking part in the protest #marchinmay on Sunday. I finished practicing my routine at the pole studio at about 2.15, and wandered down to Central only to find swarms of people protesting. I had my camera with me, and figured 'why the hell not'. Sure I have a politics assignment waiting for me at home, but this is politics in action! So I marched with them, from Central down to Broadway. It was a little overwhelming, being surrounded by so many passionate people. The realisation of just how horrible this government is made me want to burst into tears there and then. So I just kept marching.

 

And now it's Monday night. I imagine I'll spend the next few nights reliving this photo, as I struggle through my last ever politics assignment (I finish off my Arts degree this semester, and I am thrilled about it!), and a presentation for my summary justice class. 
I have a pretty fun life.


post signature

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig