Wednesday, April 8, 2015

In-Depth Review: Clearasil Ultra and Clearasil Daily Clear Ranges.



A couple of months ago I was contacted by Clearasil and asked if I would be interested in trying some products from two of their skin care ranges. I was sent the 'Rapid Action Gel Wash'* and the 'Acne Treatment Cream'* from the Ultra range, and the 'Vitamins and Extracts Scrub'*, and 'Vitamin and Extracts Daily Wash'* from the Daily Clear range. 

Clearasil were one of the first skincare brands I ever tried, and I've been using the Acne Treatment Cream for years - it contains 5%w/w benzoyl peroxide and 50mg/g of Bentonite. Benzoyl peroxide is an antibacterial agent that works to kill the bacteria that causes acne and inflammation. I find this product really helps clear my skin when I break out and I get multiple bumps and blemishes in the one area (normally my chin or cheeks). 

If you're using this product, or any other product with Benzoyl Peroxide in it, you need to ensure you use proper sun protection - BP can make your skin more susceptible to sun damage, and burning.

The Vitamins&Extracts Daily Wash that I was sent expired on the 12/2014, according to the stamp on the back of the product. This product has avocado and pomegranate extracts, and is a thicker consistency than I would normally use in a face wash. It did leave my skin feeling a bit dry after use (I naturally have dry/dehydrated skin), and I think because of this it did cause me to break out a bit. Like I mentioned though, the product I was sent was out of date, so I'm not sure if that has something to do with why this didn't work for me, and if you had oily skin you would probably also have different results. 

I like the squeezy tube - it makes it easy to dispense product in the shower, however the product does build up in the cap. As this is a thicker wash, it gets cakey and gross if you don't rinse it every time you use it. I feel like a lot of product would be wasted because of the recess built-in to where the product comes out. 


I did also receive the vitamins&extract scrub from the same range as the wash. Again, this contains avocado and pomegranate extracts. This contains microbeads and so is a manually-exfoliating product. I've spoken out before about microbeads contained in face scrubs, and how damaging they are for the environment (and how damaging they can be for your skin). It is for this reason I did not trial this product. 

I did really like the Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Gel Wash cleanser. As the name suggests, this product is a gel cleanser. It claims to make "your skin visibly clearer in 12 hours", which is quite the claim. I presume that this claim is due to the salicylic acid, which although is listed as an ingredient, there is no percentages given as to its concentration. I don't know if I would agree with the 12 hour claim, but I do feel like my skin was clearer after continual use of this product. 
This cleanser feels light, and lathers well. My skin feels normal after using it - I really like that this doesn't dry my skin out. There's a faint scent, it's kind of clinical and not offensive. 
Again, I like the squeezy tube and the packaging. Overall, I really did like this cleanser. I think it would also work really well with the Clarisonic (I need a new brush head for mine so didn't test it out, but it's a good consistency for it)


These products were kindly sent to me by Clearasil for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own - for further details check out my disclaimer here

 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig