Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blogging Tips: Organisation


Organisation is one of those things that is crucial for me to get through my day. I have tried so many different ways of planning out my blog posts, and this way is definitely the best for me. I've been using this type of planner for a couple of years, and recently bought this beautiful "dark cherry" colour from kikki.K. 


I use different sections to plan; 
"Calendar" / "To Do" / "Post Ideas" / "Notes" / "Inspiration" / "Projects"


I love that this is a perpetual calendar - I usually plan a month ahead at a time. There's certain posts that go live every week so I fill those in first, then refer to my "Post Ideas" tab to fill in the blanks. 


I write everything in pencil, and then when it's scheduled to go live, I write it in pen - this allows me a bit of freedom to move things around without it getting messy with white-out. 



I create a to-do list table, that allows for me to check off when I have taken and edited the photos for each post, when it's written and then when it's scheduled to go live. I usually plan in my day-planner when I am going to take a whole bunch of photos at once; then another day for editing, and then a day to write and schedule. I find by breaking all the tasks up I don't experience "bloggers block" as often. Blogging can take up hours, so breaking up the tasks also makes it all a bit more manageable. 


In my 'Post Ideas' tab, I keep a couple of lists - one is my 'review list', where I keep track of products I've either been sent or that I've bought that I want/need to review. 
I also keep a more general 'Post Ideas' tab, where I scribble possible future posts - I try to brainstorm here regularly so that I never run out of ideas. 

Sometimes I get inspired from other blogs, pinterest, magazines etc, and I keep track of this in the 'Inspiration' tab - this way, if I do run a post or build an idea I can easily head here and refer back to it

When I'm planning giveaways, or collaborating with other bloggers / instagrammers, I keep track of this in the 'Projects' tab. 


So that's how I plan my blog posts - I usually plan a couple of times a month to try keep on top of everything. Do you plan your blog posts? What do you use? 

 photo signature_edited-1_zpsas0u1ptz.png

Twitter | Youtube | Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Bloglovin
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig