Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bye Wisdom Tooth!

I had my wisdom tooth extracted on Monday.
It was really quick, only took about an hour, and the anesthetic (local) was so great I hardly felt a thing. The dentist and the dentist assistants (what are they even called?) were so fantastic. I was obviously a bit nervous going in, and scared of the pain that would ensue, but they were so calming and professional.
They also gave me my tooth to keep at the end of it, which I thought was a bit weird.

I can't eat solid foods though for about a week. J's been looking after me, like the good boyfriend he is. He bought me good ice cream, and last night he made me mashed potato and added some garlic powder, cheese, paprika and some other stuff to it so that it would be a bit more interesting.

One of my old high school teachers gave me the blender when he moved back to England earlier in the year. It was so incredibly generous of him and his wife - they gave us a bunch of stuff, which was fantastic because we had just moved into our new place and were kind of short on furniture.
Anyway, so I decided to try it out and make a berry smoothie. Delicious and nutritious.


I cut up all the strawberries,

added some mixed berries. I was going to buy fresh but they're so expensive, and I figured they'd probably taste the same.

and some strawberry yoghurt!

Wirrrhhh all mixed up..
I've never really used a blender before. It was pretty exciting learning. It didn't like when I put it on 'low' so I used the 'pulse' function and it worked really well.
(I'm sorry if this is just common sense...like I said, never used one before so please don't judge too harshly!)


yum!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig