Friday, September 17, 2010

SKYDIVING!

Guess what I did this morning!!

That's right! Jumped out of a plane!
Why!? It was J.F's 21'st birthday on Tuesday, so I bought him two tickets (one of which was obviously for myself hehehehe!)
On Tuesday night I took him out to this Japanese restaurant at Newtown, the food is amazing there! A little pricey, but well worth it!
I didn't get any photos...I completely forgot because I was just so excited it was his birthday!

I broke the news to him by giving him this:

A little more exciting than just a booking confirmation sheet or tickets I thought.
I'm incredibly bad at photoshop so please don't laugh!

Anyway, so we got there this morning, bright and early! We jumped with 'Skydive the Beach' which is in Wollongong.
The whole jump takes 6 minutes total - 1 min of complete freefall and then 5 minutes with the parachute. You jump out of a plane at an altitude ot 14,000 feet (although we were higher! eep!)
It's incredibly safe as well - each instructor has to do 500 solo jumps before they're even considered qualified to jump with other people. And in case the cord doesn't work for the parachute, there's an automatic detection device installed so it comes out on its own.

OK. I'll stop talking now and just show you pictures.

Before we took off we each got a little interview for our videos. Mine was taken at the airport. The engine of the little plane was so loud! I think I was a little scared at this point.


The first picture shows the altitude level in the plane (5,500 feet!). The second is one of the many beautiful views we had from that high up.


This is me in the plane! Unfortunately J.F was up the other end so we didn't get any photos / video footage of us being together at this stage. My smile looks a bit nervous...


Getting ready to jump!


So you kind of get pushed out of the plane. No time to turn around and wimp out. I kind of fell out and did a few tumble rolls which was just so amazingly fun!











I apologise that these aren't in any particular order. As you can tell in some of them I have the parachute and in some others I'm freefalling. But anyway, you get how exciting and fun it was.



Thank-you instructor!!
Amazing fun!!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig