Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cooking Adventures

I find cooking extremely difficult. 
I find it hard to be motivated to do it, I don't overly like food, let alone working with it, and by the time I think "oh yeah I should have dinner" it's like 10.30pm, I'm already starving and too impatient for anything that takes time to cook. 

The other night though, I had a go at making a Thai Red Curry. 
I only tried this dish for the first time about 2 weeks ago, when mum took me to lunch, and I wanted vegies in my meal, and this was the only curry that wouldn't be spicy (because I'm completely intolerant to spicy food).

So, I bought a packet of sauce:
(Since they're harder to screw up)

and I bought some vegies and chucked it all in my amazing electric frypan that I bought on impulse, thinking it would make me a good cook, but really I never use it because it's so big and a pain to wash up:

I was quite happy with how colourful everything in the pan was looking. I think that's a good indication that food is healthy - is whether it is colourful. Vegies have lots of colour, but if you look at fat, gross food it is generally a "yellow" colour. 

And it was really quick to cook, about 15 minutes, and it was delicious:


I really wish I had read the part of the packet that suggested coconut milk - I REALLY can't handle spicy food. 
But it was still nice.
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig