Monday, August 27, 2012

August Lust Have It!

Earlier this morning I received my August Lust Have it Box. This is the first one I've received, as I only subscribed last month. As I explained here, I've signed up to two beauty box subscriptions and am going to try them both out.

So it arrived in a white box with a black bow tied around it - really classic, pretty packaging. The box does feel quite flimsy though - and is slightly bigger than the BellaBox. (okay so I know it's just the packaging but we all know we partly pay for that too so yes I feel it's worthy to comment on)


What I did think was strange was that it didn't have the company's name or details listed anywhere on it. But anyway...on to the contents!

 

So this is the card that details what's in the box and a little bit about it. I think that's a slight typo - because on one side it says "July" and the other side says "August". This is the August box? So that's slightly confusing.
This box was pretty good value, with three full-sized items.

Fullsize - RRP $29.95
Acts like elastic, gently pulling the tanning pigment away from the skin without the use of any harsh exfoliants or chemicals. 

This was the first full-sized item and to be honest, I am disappointed with it for a few reasons. As you may notice, firstly - it is not a glove. It is a cloth. Secondly - I don't use fake tan so I don't think I'm really the target market for this. Although - that's not really the company's fault.  My third gripe with it though is that it retails for $29.95 and it is essentially a microfibre cloth. I have one almost the exact same which I picked up for about $5 from Coles. So I'll probably just use this to clean my pole or windows or something. 

500mL RRP: $59.95. Received an 8mL sample.
Moisturises, soothes the skin and helps restructure the cutaneous barrier (skin). 

I'm pretty excited to try this out-  I've heard plenty of good things about Bioderma before, and my dry skin could always do with some smoothin'. 

50g RRP: $29.95. Received full-sized
Controls and adds shine to your hair. With a medium hold it can be used in wet hair for control and in dry hair to detail your style and can be used to separate strands. 

This was also a full sized product. I've never used hair wax before and am not really sure what to do with it. So this will be a fun experiment. My tin was slightly scratched which - again I know it's just the packaging - but I think is slightly disappointing. It does smell really nice though. 

50mL RRP: $82.80; Received 5mL sample
Highly nourishing moisturiser to lock in moisture and keep the complexion looking youthful and radiant 

I'm pretty excited to try this one. Not much to say on it - it's a moisturiser.

100mL RRP: $54.95; Received 5mL sample 
Restore vital moisture to dry skin with this hydrating mask. Made with the Wand of Heaven (aloe vera) which is renowned for its hydrating properties. 

Also excited to try this. I love face masks and I love hydration so that's pretty good. Although I've never heard of aloe vera being referred to as the "Wand of Heaven before". Honestly, that sounds ridiculous. 

5. Wet n Wild: Nail Polish
10mL RRP: $12.95; Received full size

Basically the card went on and on about how great the colours of this nail polish were. But mine's a nail hardener so I guess all that's redundant. I already have pretty thick nails so I don't think I'm going to get anything out of this product. Kind of wishing I got a colour instead. 


4.5g RRP: $43.00; Received 2.5g sample

The formula of this is just beautiful. It's really hydrating, really smooth and the colour pigmentation is excellent. That being said - I'm not too sure on the colour. It's a bit dark but I still think I could make it work.


What did you receive in your Lust Have it? Apparently some people received a sample of 'Dot' by Marc Jacobs - if that was you did you like it? Have you tried any of the above products?




post signature


SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig