Sunday, August 19, 2012

Review: Stila Tinted Moisturisers!

Man was this post a pain to get up! I have had it sitting in drafts since Tuesday, and wanted to post it on Thursday but the universe would not co-operate with me.
So anyway, almost an entire week after I intended to post it, here it is. My thoughts on tinted moisturiser:


To be completely honest with you guys (and I feel I can, because that's the kind of relationship we have) - I am not much of a tinted moisturiser-wearer. On a day-to-day basis I do prefer a higher coverage, but there are some days that you just don't have time or it wouldn't necessarily be appropriate to wear full coverage (when exercising for instance). As such, I only own three different types, and I'm not going to pretend to be an expert. But here's my thoughts on the two Stila ones I own.

NB: I also own the Garnier BB Cream - if you're interested in hearing my thoughts about that check out my video below!


So here are the two I own, in all their tinty-moisturising glory. One is "illuminating" and the other is merely "oil-free and sheer colour".
I think even if the packaging didn't tell you outright, it would still give it away.
Yes, the one on the right is kinda ugly.

But see my friends, this is where you that age-old adage comes into play: "it's what's on the inside that counts". Surprisingly, packaging will sometimes lie to you.

Anyway, first up we have the illuminating one:


The consistency of this one is quite thin, which I guess is what you want in a tinted moisturiser, yeah? Not too heavy. Here's a swatch on the back of my hand:



I don't know if it will be totally apparent in that picture, but maybe you can see tiny red dots in the swatch? I'm not too sure what that's all about, but maybe it's to help with the illuminating?



What you may have noticed in that above swatch is that it is a little light on my skin. I own this in Shade 02, which unfortunately does not match me very well. I have tried to buff it out, and that kinda works, but I think I might have to mix it with a darker colour for it to sit right.

That being said, I do love the way this applies - it is smooth, it blends easily and it is "illuminating".
I think the packaging is cute - easily identifiable in my makeup drawer. One more note about the packaging is the applicator - I really like it because it's easy to just get the product out and go on your way.


That can not be said really for this one.


It's application is a little bit different - you may notice the pointed tip in the pic above. There are things I like about this packaging though. For one - it is incredibly sturdy. I can throw this in my bag without worrying that it will explode open or squish out over all my things. Which is definitely a good thing. So, it may not be pretty but it is practical.
And, just because I know you were wondering, the "Light 03" shade is a much better match for my skintone. 






This one does take a little more work to blend in than the other one, but I think that's definitely because it is a higher coverage than it too.

The fact that this has SPF 30+ is also such a win for me. It does smell a bit like sunscreen which is offputting, but the scent dissipates quickly.

If you want to hear me talk some more about these products, or you want to know my thoughts on the Garnier BB Cream, watch the video below!



Do you wear tinted moisturiser often? Love it / Rate it / Hate it? Any recommendations? Leave your thoughts below!
SHARE:
© Where is my mind?. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig